Limited Integration with CiviCRM

15 years 4 months ago #83877 by sungoddess
Replied by sungoddess on topic Re:Limited Integration with CiviCRM
Hi there,

Have these been updated or upgraded? Very much interested in this functionality...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #83927 by kenlyle
Replied by kenlyle on topic Re:Limited Integration with CiviCRM
Please do some research, and feel free to post back. mcsmom is really helpful, you could do a service to both communities by asking her to update this thread...

I couldn't find anything useful on this on the civicrm forum.

I posted the last to this thread a few months ago:

forum.civicrm.org/index.php?topic=505.0

Thanks,
Ken

15 years 3 months ago #86328 by Charl Laas
Replied by Charl Laas on topic Re:Limited Integration with CiviCRM
Hi Everyone

Just adding my weight to this issue. I have been looking at forums on CiviCRM and Joomla for a while hoping for a solution.

The most promising lead was forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=153&t=95084. It started off well and then suddenly died at the end of 2006.

Some small modules have been written which can be found on Joomla extentions but they are mainly to stop users from registering through the Joomla Login module.

It would be REALLY nice to see a dedicated CB module to allow full integration with CiviCRM and CB

15 years 3 days ago #97229 by mike177
Replied by mike177 on topic Re:Limited Integration with CiviCRM
Hello,
Just wondering the state of this thread / issues identified on this thread since CiviCRM launched its Joomla component 2.0?

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/clients/crm/72/details

Can anyone give me their opinion on how this has helped / hurt the CB+Joomla+CiviCRM integration and utility?

Many thanks,
Mike

15 years 2 days ago #97341 by kenlyle
Replied by kenlyle on topic Re:Limited Integration with CiviCRM
Here's another approach...

Civi has a lot of limitations from a business perspective, including not saving emails to the database, not doing "opportunities", and not generally being included in data synchronization tools like Talend or SnapLogic, whereas SugarCRM does those things, and is respected by those integration and sync programs. Role based security is another big feature, and record ownership by teams/users, whereas Civi assumes that it's all "peace and love", and that you are cool with multiple people mucking around in your Joomla backend.

At least with Sugar there's a separate software interface.

There is a product/project from Source Creativity [info@sourcecreativity.com] that currently does web to lead from the CB Contact Us form into SugarCRM leads.

I contacted the author, Lam, and suggested that there should ultimately be two way synch between CB and SugarCRM, that there should be a check of whether there are fields on either side that are not matched up, and that there should be a sync event whenever a new field mapping is added, to "catch up" old records.

Lam replied and thanked me for my "awesome" ideas. Not sure when any product will result.

Buy their product if you would like to advance the cause.

I also suggested that maybe some kind of abstraction layer would help, to make CB just use the Sugar database natively, if that makes any sense, for all but username type data.

Maybe there is a SOAPy hacker out there who cares to take this on.

Best,
Ken

15 years 2 days ago #97346 by mike177
Replied by mike177 on topic Re:Limited Integration with CiviCRM
Thanks for the reply Ken.

I have been looking for a comparison of the different CRMs. Sounds like you have lots of good CRM experience.

Out of curiosity, do you know of a good article that compares CiviCRM vs Sugar vs vTiger... ideally, some pros and cons of each platform would be great!

Many thanks,
Mike

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn