OpenSocial

16 years 6 months ago #49238 by pointri
OpenSocial was created by pointri
As you may know, Google's rolling out an API called OpenSocial, set up to primarily develop widgets that work on multiple social networking platforms. I'm just setting up a rolling thread here to see what everyone's thoughts are about its potential implications for your site, and to brainstorm ways to take advantage of it.

Joomlapolitan zealot and a somewhat stealthy, rather passive CB3PD developer.
www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #49379 by ernienet
Replied by ernienet on topic Re:OpenSocial
I was just reading about OpenSocial this morning. I think it would add great value to Joomla! sites with Community Builder. I have a school alumni/reunion site and would love to integrate some sort of social networking functionality into it.

What I like about OpenSocial is that it meets people where they are - within the existing social networks out there. I'm a member of LinkedIn and FaceBook, others are members of different networks. OpenSocial appears to have the potential of making the networks transparent so that members of different networks can connect without necessarily joining every possible group out there.

I'll be watching to see how this progresses.

Thanks for bringing the idea into the forum.

Ernie

16 years 6 months ago #49576 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:OpenSocial
Yes, looks nice and promissing. :)

We are currently evaluating this API and possibilities for future CB versions.

As this is a community effort, ideas, inputs, experiences and contributions are welcome :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 6 months ago #49717 by chac416
Replied by chac416 on topic Re:OpenSocial
does that mean we will see opensocial integrated with CB in the coming version :whistle: :)

I would love to have OpenSocial with my joomla-based website right NOW :)

16 years 6 months ago #49837 by orionsteel
Replied by orionsteel on topic Re:OpenSocial
This is gonna be sweet fellas!
I can't wait!

Check out this video I found that explains OpenSocial.
It's called Campfire One: Introducing OpenSocial:

(You don't have to watch it all to get the idea, but there is a lot of good info there if you do)

16 years 4 months ago #52508 by chac416
Replied by chac416 on topic Re:OpenSocial
no word about opensocial...
no one is interested in it ? hmm

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.915 seconds