Random profiles on frontpage (module)

16 years 10 months ago #40711 by Willsibob
Replied by Willsibob on topic Re:Random profiles on frontpage (module)
Random avatar is a small module I wrote over 2 years ago (ie. back in 2005),finally I have found the time to update it, I have had a couple of emails over the years to add functions, so now here they are, sorry I didn't know anyone was actually after an updated version, until I did some searching.

I have also tried and tested it on Joomla and it works superbly.

Description & Options

Randavatar works with Mambo and Joomla to display a module with a randomly selected avatar / icon from the last x number of people logged in. Avatar includes a link to the users profile.

You can now select :-

From how many "last" visitors to select
Wording (if any) to appear with the avatar
Wording can be placed, above, below, left or right of the avatar.
Users can choose if to take part (Yes/No field is needed in the community builder profile database)
Choose to hide users using icons only (ie only show those with uploaded avatars)
You can have multiple random avatars showing in columns and/or rows
(note with multiples avatars if there are not enough "last" users on line it will duplicate, if there are plenty to go around it will ensure all are different)
You can set the width and/or height if you desire (Note: doing both may distort some avatars.)

You can download from mamboxchange.com/projects/randavatar/

Post edited by: Willsibob, at: 2008/05/25 22:00

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 3 months ago #54903 by friluftsstaden
Replied by friluftsstaden on topic Re:Random profiles on frontpage (module)
Hello!

I think you forgot to mention one "feature" of the module... There will be a hidden link to purplealertecard included in the site when using this module.

/Per

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn