Username character limit and restrictions

15 years 7 months ago #75189 by Crunkedout
Replied by Crunkedout on topic Re:Username character limit and restrictions
wow i read somewhere that of all the things CB changed it forgot this one! and I don't understand why?! I mean come on! Somebody can register with a hundred letter name if they want.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #75192 by beat
there is a joomla limit, like 25 for 1.0 and mambo and 100 for joomla 1.5.

But in CB 1.2 RC 2, username is a normal CB field, and you can specify the maximum (and minimum) size, as well as reserved or "badword" usernames :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 7 months ago #75201 by Crunkedout
Replied by Crunkedout on topic Re:Username character limit and restrictions
hmmm? maybe I should just go ahead and do it then (subscribe) but the way I understand it there is no max length on any of the predefined fields, so things like usernames and names could be as long as a user like, hope not because that would be a bummer to update (come out some loot :) ) and then not being able to control that particular field when this simple hacks works!

Do you have to re-create that field or something while deleting or turning off the original fields?

15 years 7 months ago #75296 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:Username character limit and restrictions
beat wrote:

there is a joomla limit, like 25 for 1.0 and mambo and 100 for joomla 1.5.

But in CB 1.2 RC 2, username is a normal CB field, and you can specify the maximum (and minimum) size, as well as reserved or "badword" usernames :)

But in 1.2 RC 2 there's a bug in which the display of this setting can't be seen.

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn