Incentive plugin

15 years 11 months ago #63943 by TungstenX
Replied by TungstenX on topic Re:Incentive plugin
Is this the correct threat to post dev questions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #63963 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Incentive plugin
TungstenX wrote:

Is this the correct threat to post dev questions?

This forum is to request developments for 3pd extensions. :)

Nice idea :)

Why are you displaying a different table in the profile than the table that you insert in the onAfterLogin event ?

Event handling seems ok, maybe problem is elsewhere (published plugin, xml install file, etc)...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 11 months ago #63964 by TungstenX
Thank you for the response.

The table in onAfterLogin is just for testing, to see that the function is called (Any better ideas to debug this?)

15 years 10 months ago #65366 by craigh
Replied by craigh on topic Re:Incentive plugin
I currently use VisualRecommend and have been trying to hack it to add points for other users. So far no luck, as I am not experienced with the LAMP stack at all.

This is worth money if you get it to work, and especially if you are willing to customize it for certain actions. My company has been looking either for a plugin for this purpose or a developer who can pull it off - keep in touch !!!

15 years 10 months ago #65522 by TungstenX
I've made a work-around, seeing that I can't get the onAfterLogin to work. (It doesn't call the function, thus I'm guessing that the $_PLUGINS->registerFunction is not registering it.)

The work around is to have a module. The module checks the last date when the points for login were awarded. If the difference between today and that day is greater than 1 (difference in day, not 24 hours) then the points are awarded and the last date is updated.

My module does display the user's current points, but if needed one can display nothing and tick the box to not display the title.

Any case, as I said this is a work-around as there are issues with deleting a user (you have to, currently, clean up the database manually).

Furthermore; the referral subsystem is working...

15 years 8 months ago #72394 by russellcj
Replied by russellcj on topic Re:Incentive plugin
This is sounding really good. Any chance of seeing what you've done?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn