Phoenix Board :New Forum System

15 years 4 months ago #83662 by iosoft.in
Phoenix Board :New Forum System was created by iosoft.in
Most of you, Joomla lovers, might aware of the fact that Fireboard Forum's Developers are now gone. The project is abandoned.

Fireboard 1.0.x is still in ALPHA stage with hell lot of BUGs and its actually for Joomla 1.0.x platform and Joomla 1.x (LEGACY)
Fireboard 2.0, which is meant for Joomla 1.x (NATIVE) is just a MYTH.

I have decided to take over the project.
It will be based on Freboard and will start from FB1.0.5RC2.
But this time, We will be using Community Builder's API so that the Forum system is Joomla Independent. That is both Joomla 1.0.x (NATIVE) as well as Joomla 1.x (NATIVE)

Welcome to Phoenix Board .
Welcome abroad
phoenixboard.tk/

Calling all Developers, Testers, Designers and Users also. JOIN THE FORCE.

HOPE, CB Team will also help me. Specially Beat.

Post edited by: iosoft.in, at: 2008/12/30 06:45

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #83703 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:Phoenix Board :New Forum System
Wow Fireboard is done? That sucks. Actually my fireboard works pretty well so ar.

I have limited time to help but I will if I can. Are there any other branches?

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

15 years 4 months ago #83726 by FidelGonzales
Replied by FidelGonzales on topic Re:Phoenix Board :New Forum System
I don't know whether this is true, as this alert message is placed upon the forum.

The FireBoard forum component development is still going on. In order to get better, FireBoard will be moved from the Best of Joomla website.
During this transition period, the forum in Best of Joomla will be closed to new posts.

I use various forum scripts. SMF is my favorite. PHPBB3 is the second best. Both are not truly integrated with Joomla without great hassle and do not integrate to the extent where Community Builder works in unison with them. Agora, which is a native Joomla forum component, is very promising, boasting group permissions capabilities. Fireboard does not have group permissions, as far as I know (other than Group Jive), but it integrates well Community Builder and includes plugins to support this.

With that said, yet another board simply adds to the pain of figuring out how to develop a cohesive website, especially one that is community driven. Thanks for your effort, though. I will keep an eye on it.

15 years 3 months ago #83878 by iosoft.in
Replied by iosoft.in on topic Re:Phoenix Board :New Forum System
I agree with you.

Well I can say only one thing - with your kind help, if the project runs successfully, there will be ONE Forum System you have to choose if you want it to be fully Joomla Native, powerful, GJ integrated and FREE.

15 years 3 months ago #84389 by ruigato
Replied by ruigato on topic Re:Phoenix Board :New Forum System
joomlacode.org/gf/project/fireboard/frs/

last commit was days ago.. i think we must wait and see..

ruigato.com

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn