Related Drop-Down Menu

15 years 2 months ago #86675 by room
Related Drop-Down Menu was created by room
Hey everonye,

I've been looking for a plugin that could help create a related drop-down menu for registration but I can't find anything.. I found a topic about conditions plugin but actually I didn't find this plugin anywhere for CB 1.2 RC4.. Does anyone know something about this plugin or any other solution for using related drop-down menu?

It would be awesome if I can use it at the registration form eg. for choosing country then city.

Your answers thanks in advance

Regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #87086 by room
Replied by room on topic Re:Related Drop-Down Menu
no one has any ideas about it? :(

15 years 2 months ago #87089 by apkat
Replied by apkat on topic Re:Related Drop-Down Menu
I'm looking for something alike a long time now.
Can be done using ajax and I've done it in a single page (there is much info on google about ajax/xajax dropdown lists).

The goal, as I 've thought, is to have a new field type with options as: master/related. Then a field will be master or related to another etc if you get my point.

I'm not that good to CB-api to implement this 'behaviour', so we have to wait the developers :)

15 years 2 months ago #87229 by room
Replied by room on topic Re:Related Drop-Down Menu
Actually I can make this related drop-down menu but my problem is that I can't integrate it into CB.. I don't know how could it be possible maybe developers could help us to do it, I've found a topic about condition plugin what's professedly able to do menu like this but I couldn't try that out because project finished or something like that. I haven't found any version of that for Joomla 1.5 :S

15 years 2 months ago #88823 by trace7r
Replied by trace7r on topic Re:Related Drop-Down Menu
Maybe you already found it...
I have the same question, but I have found a solution for the first drop down:

In your MyAdmin you go to the table jos_comprofiler_field_values, in that table you run next query (SQL tab):

INSERT INTO `jos_comprofiler_field_values`(`fieldid`,`fieldtitle`) SELECT DISTINCT 54, `country` FROM `jos_countrytable`
ORDER BY brand DESC

The load in that table is the only thing you have to do to get the data in youre dropdown in CB.
54 is the ID# of the first dropdown (in my config ofcourse), you can find that Id in jos_comprofiler_field.
country and countrytable you have to change into the names you use, the rest should be correct.

My problem is the interaction between the 2 dropdown's, if you select a country in the first, you have to fill the second one with the country depending city's.
I don't know where or how to make that part to work...

So, if you have the second half of our problem, please let me know.

Greetings.

Post edited by: trace7r, at: 2009/02/15 10:22

Post edited by: trace7r, at: 2009/02/15 10:24

15 years 1 month ago #91844 by crony
Replied by crony on topic Re:Related Drop-Down Menu
Hello,

This could be a start:

downhomeconsulting.com/Downloads/Country_State_Drop_Down/demo.html

I desperatly looking about how include this into CB...

If someone got a clue... :)

Thanks !

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn