hiding username on registration

14 years 11 months ago #96834 by king_xenorax
hiding username on registration was created by king_xenorax
Hi!

My issue is simple. I want to write a cb plugin to set username field to user id of the registrant on before registration. My idea is simple.

Because every user has a unique userid, then we can use this datum to aviod username and use email as login information.

I want to hide username field on registration and on user edit. I know writing plugin but new CB core has changed. I having trouble to find where core fields are loaded. If I find it I will hide this field on registration form and set a default value. Then when registration is completed, I will edit username field with user's user id with a plugin, that I wrote.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #99327 by Equipe
Replied by Equipe on topic Re:hiding username on registration
Hi,
I got the same idea!
Have you wrote some lines?
Maybe I can help you.

14 years 11 months ago #99377 by king_xenorax
Replied by king_xenorax on topic Re:hiding username on registration
I succeded this issue.

But i did not hacked any CB files. I hide the username field on registration and prevented username change by admin panel of CB. Then I wrote a tiny plugin that changes the username field to something like "user_12".

By this way every user owns a unique username but is not able to change this. I am planning to package this plugin and write a tutorial to manage the process.

I will notify the community when I publish this and of course this will be GPL and donation supported;)

Cheers.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn