Skip to Content Skip to Menu

FIXED (fix inside): CB Login Module shows 3 unread PMs, UddeIM shows none

• gjschaller
  • gjschaller
8 years 10 months ago #268646 by gjschaller
Switching out UddeIM's CB plugin for the CB PM Plugin seems to have resolved the issue - so it looks like it may be an issue with the Private Messaging System (uddeIM PMS) plugin.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
8 years 10 months ago #268647 by slabbi
I checked the module and component and did not find that uddeim.api.php is used?!?

Since the CB module uses functionality of its component, maybe nant or beat can point me to the functionality so I can check if it is a wrong SQL statement in CB or a problem with one uddeIM function.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 10 months ago #268655 by krileon
We call our generalized getPMSunreadCount on the $_CB_PMS global. This calls getPMSunreadCount of our (or yours) CB PMS plugin, which then calls (for ours) uddeIMgetInboxCount. Your CB plugin (and mailbox module) is using a direct database query instead of calling uddeIMgetInboxCount. The issue with the CB plugin packaged with UddeIM is its query isn't accounting for trashed or archived messages, which is handled in the query called in uddeIMgetInboxCount. You can find our CB PMS plugin source below where we're using UddeIM API for most of its functionality.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_pms_mypmspro/pms.mypmspro.php

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
8 years 10 months ago #268662 by slabbi
I checked the code and it works fine.
Picture 1 shows the inbox with 2 read and none unread messages, and picture 2 shows the trash containing one unread message.
The two numbers show the return values for unread and total messages in inbox.

So I see no reason why the CB login displays a different value. Do you use the current version of uddeIM PMS plugin or CB PMS plugin? When you have updated uddeIM for a very long time but never updated the plugin it might be the reason for the problem.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer
Attachments:

• slabbi
  • slabbi
8 years 10 months ago #268664 by slabbi
I think I have found the problem. It is a regression bug :(

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• gjschaller
  • gjschaller
8 years 10 months ago #268665 by gjschaller
Correct. Only when UddeIM is enabled. If CB is enabled instead, it's fine.

This is the current setup, which is working:

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon