Installation of uddeIM plugin failed

18 years 3 weeks ago #9731 by pcgs
I installed uddeIM (5b) component and module. I didn't stop to configure anything, next, installed tried to install the plug_pms_cbpms.zip using the CB plugin manager. Wondering if I needed to configure uddleIM first because then this happened...

I got a message for each file (15 of them) that the installer could not find telling me the named files could not be found:

Warning: file_get_contents(/home/lhhsaa2/public_html/argyll/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/cb.authortab.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/lhhsaa2/public_html/argyll/includes/domit/xml_domit_lite_parser.php on line 1079

It ended with this last line:

Install new plugin from directory /home/lhhsaa2/public_html/argyll/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/

I am using Joomla 1.0.8/CB RC2 1.0
What should I do now?

Post edited by: pcgs, at: 2006/04/06 03:35

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 weeks ago #9800 by pcgs
Replied by pcgs on topic Re:Installation of uddeIM plugin failed
I was really hoping to discover why installing the plugin failed. But so far, it looks like I can't even find many people to even look at my post.

uddeIM seems to be working but I'd sure like to know what the plugins would do for my site. Can anyone tell me what the plugin will do for my site?

18 years 2 weeks ago #10027 by mooty
Replied by mooty on topic Re:Installation of uddeIM plugin failed
Hi pcgs

I'm having Uddeim problems and suspect they are due to installation glitches. I'm no expert but when messages about streams not being available appear I think it's to do with permissions. The tool that does the installing can't read or write to the area it needs to. That's what I've picked up from looking around anyway.

Anyone else care to shed some light on this?

In Joomla global configuration > server there is an option to configure how permissions will be applied when new items are installed (I think) called File and Directory permissions. Mine are set to don't chmod. I'm wondering if leaving on server default can cause problems? Not 100% but this might give a pointer.

m

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn