Pagination does not work

11 years 11 months ago #199920 by justanotherkenny
Pagination does not work was created by justanotherkenny
Hi Kyle,

Reason I started this new topic was because the earlier one was marked "solved", I don't know if this was the right to do or not.

Your trick worked to hide the "total number of users .."
the IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/default.php

but there is one little problem, Now the Pagination does not work. If I have 20 members for instance, and I adjust the setings to show 2 per page, it shows the number of pages ..5 but when you click on 2 (page 2) nothing happens. It stays there.

Prior to the little fix it did. Myabe something I missed ..Can you please guide me ?

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #199922 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Pagination does not work
Please provide what tutorial you followed exactly. If you simply remove the drop-down then it'll break searching and paging because the listid will be missing from the POST. A hidden input has to be added to the form so the listid is still present. This is detailed in the below tutorial.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/170122-lists-in-separate-menus#170862

Does reverting your changes result in paging working again though. If not then something else maybe happening. As the paging links are javascript based it's possible for JS conflicts to cause it to fail. Monitor your browser error log while clicking one of the paging links to see if a fatal error occurs (I can do this for you if you PM a link to a broken userlist).

Attached is CB 1.8 default template PHP file with the userlist select removed safely and hidden input added. The file is tested working and goes in the below folder.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

11 years 11 months ago #199925 by justanotherkenny
Replied by justanotherkenny on topic Re: Pagination does not work
Uhmm this is from the the earlier topic : Need Help with 2 Minor issues (but as I mentioned, the topic was marked closed, so idecided to start a new one)

This was your fix, which worked fine, except for that one little bug :

You'll have to perform the below edit to your CB template PHP file to remove this. Please note it'll remove it on all userlists if that's ok.

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/default.php
ON:

if ( $this->totalIsAllUsers ) { echo $_CB_framework->getCfg( 'sitename' ) . " " . _UE_HAS . " <strong>" . $this->total . "</strong> " . _UE_USERS; } else { echo "<strong>" . $this->total . "</strong> " . _UE_USERPENDAPPRACTION . ":"; }

I don't need no Drop down, just wanted to hide that sentence that said "domain has 50 registered users ..or just hide that number, and for above fix worked except that pagination does not

I hope you remember me :unsure:

11 years 11 months ago #199931 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Pagination does not work

I don't need no Drop down, just wanted to hide that sentence that said "domain has 50 registered users ..or just hide that number, and for above fix worked except that pagination does not

I see, the attached file should perform this change for you. Not sure how it'd affect pagination failing however unless there was a unclosed tag or something of the sort in the change. I'll need a URL to a userlist where you're experiencing this problem to see why the paging URLs fail (you're welcome to PM this link to me).

I hope you remember me

I'm sorry, no I don't. I deal with thousands of users per week. I can't recall a specific topic.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn