Please enter a valid username. No spaces, at least 2 characters and must not contain the following characters: < > \ " ' % ; ( ) &

10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #238429 by WebJIVE
After upgrading to Joomla 2.5.16 using CB 1.9, users can no longer register. Is there a fix for this?

Please enter a valid username. No spaces, at least 2 characters and must not contain the following characters: < > \ " ' % ; ( ) &

We're locked right now with no way for users to register.

P.S. The system used to save their email to this field automatically but, something broke after the upgrade.

Eric Caldwell
Web-JIVE.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #238431 by WebJIVE
Ok, found a workaround. Hack cb.tables.php and change the validation for registration to force email.
		if ( $bindResults ) {
			// During bindSafely, in saveTabContents, the validations have already taken place, for mandatory fields.
			if ( ( $this->name == '' ) && ( $this->username == '' ) && ( $this->email != '' ) ) {
				$this->username						=	$this->email;
				$this->_cmsUser->username			=	$this->email;
			}
			// Checks that name is set. If not, uses the username as name, as Mambo/Joola mosUser::store() uses name for ACL
			// and ACL bugs with no name.
			if ( $this->name == '' ) {
				$this->name							=	$this->username;
				$this->_cmsUser->name				=	$this->email;
			} elseif ( $this->username == '' ) {
				$this->username						=	$this->email;
				$this->_cmsUser->username			=	$this->username;
			}

if ( ! $this->checkSafely() ) {
				$bindResults					=	false;
			}
		}

Eric Caldwell
Web-JIVE.com

10 years 4 months ago #238476 by krileon
Nothing to due with CB it self. Joomla 2.5.16 and Joomla 3.2 introduced a changed to disallow spaces in usernames (this is actually a good change, but the validation broke existing and future accounts). This change in next Joomla releases has been reverted though. Please see the below for further information.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/223578-error-message-when-user-or-admin-updates-cb#237481

CB 2.0 has implemented username parsing to remove invalid characters as well as providing a parameter to change what the username fallback is within CB > Configuration > User Profile; so instead of fallback to Name it could be Email.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 4 months ago #238479 by WebJIVE
We had CB set to use the email address for the username field and for some reason, that no longer worked after the upgraded. Hacking that file and forcing email was the only way we could get it working again.

Thoughts?

Eric Caldwell
Web-JIVE.com

10 years 4 months ago #238482 by krileon
The only way for CB 1.x to use Email as Username is to disable the Name and Username fields from registration. It will then fallback to Email. If Name of any form (name, first, middle, last) is visible on registration then it'll always fallback to that first. With CB 2.0 you manually select what it should fallback to as instructed above. By default it'll fallback to Name.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WebJIVE

10 years 4 months ago #238484 by WebJIVE
Thanks. We'll wait for 2.0 before upgrading again so that we can use CB unhacked. :)

We need the names due to the way our client wants to use that for internal tracking since this is a medical site.

Eric Caldwell
Web-JIVE.com

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn