Fatal error when registering

9 years 4 months ago #254678 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Fatal error when registering
yes joomla is always updated to the latest release
I agree it could be a session problem but the page was not opened very long, 10mns maybe
we'll check at next release

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #258789 by activha
Upgrade to version 2.0.5 gave same fatal error :

Fatal error: Call to a member function bind() on a non-object in /var/www/html/libraries/CBLib/CB/Database/Table/UserTable.php on line 1267

Joomla is up to date 3.3.6 and we get this same error after each upgrade of CB for new registration using CBsubs

Could you help us on this ?

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #258802 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Fatal error when registering
Did you upgrade to 2.0.5 Stable or Nightly? I recommend Nightly, which you can find below.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/doc_details/640-community-builder-nightly-build

I've no idea what's causing your issue. It seams to be working perfectly fine here. Disable 3rd party Joomla User extensions and see if one could be conflicting. That bind is failing on the dummy Joomla user object when a password is being encoded. Specifically JFactory::getUser( 0 ) is giving you null and it should be an empty user object.

Does this only happen with CBSubs? If you disable CBSubs are registrations fine? For CBSubs to work best on CB 2.x you really need the nightly releases. I suggest installing nightly CB and nightly CBSubs if you haven't already.

If you already have both nightlies and issue persists then please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 2 months ago #258977 by activha
I have noticed that when all cookies are erased the problem is solved and registration is ok.
So it should be a session or cookie problem somewhere but I cannot figure where.
I have sent you backend login by PM if you have 5 mins
Thanks
Jean

9 years 2 months ago #258997 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Fatal error when registering
Something installed is altering the session user object. We'll need to call JUser:: directly instead of JFactory:: to avoid the session lookup. However, you need to find what on your site is doing that as there's no telling what else it's going to break.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5089

Below is the quickfix to call JUser:: directly.

IN: libraries/CBLib/CB/Database/Table/UserTable.php
ON: Line 1263
$cmsUser	=	\JFactory::getUser( 0 );
TO:
$cmsUser	=	\JUser::getInstance();

Note line numbers may vary depending on the CB build you're using.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn