Fatal error when registering

9 years 4 months ago #254636 by activha
Fatal error when registering was created by activha
help on CB 2.0.4 it is now impossible to register we have a fatal error :
Fatal error: Call to a member function bind() on a non-object in /var/www/html/libraries/CBLib/CB/Database/Table/UserTable.php on line 1267

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #254639 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Fatal error when registering
In fact this problem may also come from the upgrade to CB privacy 4.0.2, unable to tell

9 years 4 months ago #254640 by activha
Please suppress this post as it seems that the error has disappeared

Once again we only got this error with safari, maybe that it comes from a clear cache problem

anyway that's solved

9 years 4 months ago #254652 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Fatal error when registering
That's called in hashAndSaltPassword when it's binding a password to the dummy Joomla user object so Joomla can encrypt it. The only reason for that error is if JFactory::getUser returned nothing, which am not aware of it being able to do that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 months ago #254657 by activha
Well that already happened when upgrading from CB 2.0.2 to 2.0.3 and now we got the same thing with 2.0.3 to 2.0.4

Seems to occur on Safari only though and disappear after a while, maybe due to a cache or cookies

Anyway it's gone now

9 years 4 months ago #254669 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Fatal error when registering
Have you updated Joomla to latest release? As I could only see this being a bug in Joomla. If it is a caching problem it'd be a Joomla user object caching issue, but Joomla user object isn't supposed to cache for ID 0, which is what we send. Am at a loss as to what else could cause it. I suppose if the page was left open and inactive for too long and the session expires it may be trying to pull a user object from their session that no longer exists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn