[SOLVED] cookie livetime

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #258432 by roland_d_alsace
[SOLVED] cookie livetime was created by roland_d_alsace
Hi.

Is the livetime used for login cookie (remember me) the same that the Joomla authentification - cookie parameter (must this joomla core plugin be actived or not) ?

Or have CB his own cookie livetime parameter ?
Is yes, where is the configuration page (i don't find it in CB parameters).

Thanks
Regards.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #258487 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic cookie livetime
CB doesn't have its own session and cookie. Our session table is for plugins to utilize. Joomla handles the login session exclusively.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #258533 by roland_d_alsace
Replied by roland_d_alsace on topic cookie livetime
Hi Krileon

krileon wrote: CB doesn't have its own session and cookie...

So the cookie livetime used for the remember-me checkbox of CB-Login is defined on the Joomla authentification - cookie plugin parameters ?
...and the plugin must be activated ?

it's that ?

Thanks.

9 years 2 months ago #258538 by krileon
Session duration is configured in Joomlas global configuration. CB has nothing to do with this. Joomla it self exclusively handles the session. The remember cookie has an expiration of like 10 years, but that doesn't really matter if your browser purges the cookie on close which most will do. I don't think the remember me cookie duration is configurable.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 2 months ago #258551 by roland_d_alsace
Replied by roland_d_alsace on topic cookie livetime
Hi Krileon

krileon wrote: Session duration is configured in Joomlas global configuration. CB has nothing to do with this.

I never speak of session duration in this topic, but only of authentification cookie livetime.

krileon wrote: I don't think the remember me cookie duration is configurable.

The duration of the cookie is configurable on Joomla "cookie" plugin (authentification plugin type).
The authentification cookie is used when remenber-me is checked, if the Joomla cookie plugin is enabled.

krileon wrote: but that doesn't really matter if your browser purges the cookie on close which most will do.

I think that you confuse cookie and session.
The general use of a cookie is not to be purged when the browser is closed and it's the programmer which define the cookie duration.
It's only the cookie with sessionid which is purged when browser is closed, because duration is set to zero, but this is automaticaly managed by the server.
If this is to store data while browsing, I think it best to store the server-side session, rather than locally in a cookie.

So where to configure the cookie duration used by CB-Login "remember-me" check box, this is the reason of my question in this topic...

Regards.

9 years 2 months ago #258591 by krileon
I am aware of what the session and cookies are. My point is CB does not handle either of them. The entire login process is handled by Joomla. I've already answered your questions in this regard, but will cover them again as follows.

Is the livetime used for login cookie (remember me) the same that the Joomla authentification - cookie parameter (must this joomla core plugin be actived or not) ?

Yes.

Or have CB his own cookie livetime parameter ?

No.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: roland_d_alsace

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn