Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[#5399] Problem with / (slash) in username

8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #267633 by roland_d_alsace
[#5399] Problem with / (slash) in username was created by roland_d_alsace
Hi.

I have some username with / (slash) like "pseudo/city"

With SEO the link for profile (for exemple in Kunena post) in front is :

mydomain.com/menuname/userprofile/pseudo%2Fcity

and i have an error like the profil don't exist ?

Regards.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 10 months ago #267694 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with / (slash) in username
Joomla doesn't handle slashes in htaccess URL rewriting. Does the same thing for a few other characters like comma. We'll have to add to our router file to convert it to a different character then revert the conversion when doing the user id from username checks. I highly recommend you don't allow slashes in usernames though.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5399

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 10 months ago #267700 by roland_d_alsace
Replied by roland_d_alsace on topic Problem with / (slash) in username

krileon wrote: ...We'll have to add to our router file to convert it to a different character then revert the conversion when doing the user id from username checks. I highly recommend you don't allow slashes in usernames though.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5399

Hi Krileon

Of course i understand that a slash in url parameters need to be encoded in %2F by the router when composing the SEO URL

But why, in input, it is not "de-encoded" in slash by the rooter ?

(Message : This profile does not exist or is no longer available)

...i have more then 200 Joomla members with usernames with a slash.

Regards.

8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #267701 by roland_d_alsace

krileon wrote: ... forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5399

more...

re-Hi Krileon.

I don't see you've made an issue.
Thank's

Is-it possible to have a patch when this point is solved ?

Regards
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by roland_d_alsace.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 10 months ago #267723 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with / (slash) in username
The issue isn't our router. The issue is Joomlas htaccess rewrite rules. The URL is never reaching CB for CB to revert to a user id. To fix this we have to change / to something else then revert the change in the parsing. We've done this for comma for example. Most likely we'll need to rewrite it so we prefix with user id (e.g. ID-ALIAS) then append the username alias to it so we don't have to convert characters back and forth.

Is-it possible to have a patch when this point is solved ?

No, we don't release patches anymore. When fixed it'll be in the next nightly build after the fix is merged. I've no idea when it'll be fixed as I'm focused on GJ upgrade at this time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 10 months ago #267736 by roland_d_alsace

krileon wrote: The issue isn't our router. The issue is Joomlas htaccess rewrite rules. The URL is never reaching CB for CB to revert to a user id. To fix this we have to change / to something else then revert the change in the parsing. We've done this for comma for example.....

But the slash in username is always encoded in %2F ??

krileon wrote: ...Most likely we'll need to rewrite it so we prefix with user id (e.g. ID-ALIAS) then append the username alias to it so we don't have to convert characters back and forth.

Yes !
Adding User-ID in prefix is (i think) a good idea to solve this.

Regards.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon