Duplicate plugin Upgrading CB1.9.1 to 2.0.11

8 years 6 months ago #272669 by bcraigie
Upgrading from CB 1.9.1 to 2.0.11 on Joomla 3.4.5 (on a test site), I get this:

Warning

Duplicate entry '17' for key 'PRIMARY' SQL=INSERT INTO `j25_comprofiler_plugin` (`id`,`name`,`element`,`type`,`folder`,`viewaccesslevel`,`backend_menu`,`ordering`,`published`,`iscore`,`client_id`,`checked_out`,`checked_out_time`,`params`) VALUES (17,'CB Articles','cbarticles','user','plug_cbarticles',1,'',8,1,1,0,0,'0000-00-00 00:00:00',''), (18,'CB Forums','cbforums','user','plug_cbforums',1,'',9,1,1,0,0,'0000-00-00 00:00:00',''), (19,'CB Blogs','cbblogs','user','plug_cbblogs',1,'',10,1,1,0,0,'0000-00-00 00:00:00','')

Package Install: There was an error installing an extension: com_comprofiler.zip

After this, Community Builder is no longer installed and kunena forum gives a 500 server error.

Having looked at the comprofiler_plugin table, the row 17 that already exists is pms.uddeim.

Presumably, this is a bug, as the CB installer should not make the assumption that key 17 is free? Maybe the installer should change any occupied row index numbers to free ones after the highest index number or something?

Anyway, to mitigate this when I come to upgrade the live site, should I remove all the non-default plugins and upgrade, then re-install the plugins after the upgrade? Is there a better way? Is it safe to manually renumber the plugins from 17 onwards to (for example) 117 onwards?

Having deleted all the rows from 17 onwards in the comprofiler_plugin table, the installation succeeds ok and the kunena forum works again.

Hopefully, this problem can be sorted in a future update of CB.

Thanks

Brian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #272670 by bcraigie
Replied by bcraigie on topic Duplicate plugin Upgrading CB1.9.1 to 2.0.11
I wonder if it is no small co-incidence that the first plugin with a status of unpublished is 17 pms.uddeim ?

8 years 6 months ago #272684 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Duplicate plugin Upgrading CB1.9.1 to 2.0.11
Did you use akeeba backup or anything of the sort? Older releases broke auto increment values for CBs tables, which is what is causing your issue. The only fix is to manually fix your _comprofiler_plugins table ids and the auto increment value. See the below topics regarding this.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/154-advanced-members-support/228441-issues-with-upgrading-to-cb-20?start=12#258723

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/154-advanced-members-support/228441-issues-with-upgrading-to-cb-20?start=18

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn