Ways of displaying multiple query check box multiple / radio buttons

8 years 5 months ago #274089 by edmundcheong
When we create a field, with multiple query check box multiple / radio, we are only able to render the checkboxes or radio button with a single column which is the value colums or label column under the parameters>options>.

If you select a query field, we are able to render multiple columns by using parameters>display> by output: multiple rows and defining the header, row and footer.

The question, is it possible to out multiple columns for a multiple query checkbox or radio? Meaning that we can display the many columns with the checkboxes or radio button?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #274119 by krileon
The query select fieldtypes just extend the core select types with options pulled from the specified query instead of from core tables. If you want the checkbox or radio fields displayed as a table of columns and rows you can use the "Columns" and "Rows" parameters under the "Global" tab while editing your field (note this functions for all checkbox/radio fieldtypes).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 5 months ago #274123 by edmundcheong

krileon wrote: ... If you want the checkbox or radio fields displayed as a table of columns and rows you can use the "Columns" and "Rows" parameters under the "Global" tab while editing your field (note this functions for all checkbox/radio fieldtypes).

I know about this.. function..

I am talking about adding check boxes or radio buttons on the table query.. for example, we are able to generate a table from other databases using the following but with checkboxes or radio button..

Header
<table class="table table-hover">
 <thead>
  <tr>
   <th class="text-center">Date</th>
   <th class="text-left">Name</th>
   <th class="text-left">Type</th>
   <th class="text-center">Status</th>
  </tr>
 </thead>
 <tbody>

Body:
  <tr>
   <td class="text-center">[column_date]</td>
   <td class="text-left">[column_name]</br>[column_surname]</td>
   <td class="text-left">[column_type]</br>[column_justification]</td>
   <td class="text-center">Your status is[column_status]</td>
  </tr>

Footer:
</tbody>
</table>

8 years 5 months ago #274124 by edmundcheong

It is something like the above..
Attachments:

8 years 5 months ago #274144 by krileon
No, that's not possible to do. The edit display of the query select fields is entirely handled by the field it's inheriting from (e.g. checkbox or radio). the query select types purely are replacing the options parsing with the results of your query.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn