cb_antispam_captcha wrong code displayed

8 years 3 months ago #276589 by bcraigie
Hi,

Just a heads-up that the cb_antispam_captcha field shown on registration forms (on my sites) shows characters that are different from those that the audio button plays. I noticed this when testing my registration form and kept being told that the captcha was wrong when I was sure it was not. For example the captcha says "xyz123" and the audio says "hotel lima echo nine six three". It appears that the audio is the correct version.

In the meantime, I have changed the setting from "Default" to "Question", which helps, but there are two questions which I'd like to change -

In one, "colour" is spelled incorrectly as "color" and in the other it says "what is 9 divide 3" which should read "what is 9 divided by 3" - is there somewhere I can correct those?

Thanks

Brian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #276609 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic cb_antispam_captcha wrong code displayed
Do you have caching of any kind enabled? It's possible the captcha image is being cached and why you're seeing the wrong characters. Appears to be working fine in all my tests with no caching enabled. Please also ensure you've latest nightly releases of CB, CB AntiSpam, and any other plugins installed when available.

In one, "colour" is spelled incorrectly as "color" and in the other it says "what is 9 divide 3" which should read "what is 9 divided by 3" - is there somewhere I can correct those?

The questions can be edited from CB AntiSpam > Parameters > Captcah > Modes > Internal > Question.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 3 months ago #276619 by bcraigie
Replied by bcraigie on topic cb_antispam_captcha wrong code displayed
Thanks. :-) I was able to adjust those questions.

The caching is turned off in the Joomla Global Configuration. I am not aware of any other caching. I shall try and experiment to pin down the problem.

This is a live site, so obviously I don't want to be using a nightly build, but I'll try that on my test site. :-)

Thanks

Brian

8 years 3 months ago #276624 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic cb_antispam_captcha wrong code displayed
Our nightly builds are more stable than our stable builds. ;) They go through the same testing and review process as our stable releases, but contain more fixes/features than stable. At any rate it's up to you. We're moving more towards a build release cycle instead of traditional release cycle as we move forward for more rapid development and deployment.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.351 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn