[SOLVED] Ideas needed: Creating Joomla Articles as blog/directory with user related values from profiles

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #277493 by uncleron12345
Hi there!

I'm currently working on something like "business director".
Registered profiles with "Profile Type F" should have an own joomla article.
These articles have a default layout and texts for header, description, etc. should be subsituted with values from profile fields.

short form:
- there's an existing category with articles which describes a company
- when a company is creating an account, moderators should assign an article to the company's profile
- texts of this article (e.g. name of company, history...) should be related to cb fields, so the f type user can automatically edit this article's texts with editing fields on profile.

Do you have any idea how i can realise this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #277523 by krileon
Install CB Content Bot which lets you use substitutions in Joomla content. You'll then be able to substitute in fields from a specific user, the viewing user, or the article owner. See the below for substitution usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Additionally I suppose you could generate the article automatically during registration. You'd do this using CB Auto Actions acting on the after registration trigger using a Content action.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: uncleron12345

8 years 2 months ago #277546 by uncleron12345
Hello krileon,

thanks for your suggestion.
It sounds to be what i need :)

I'll try it :)

Best
René :)

8 years 2 months ago #277735 by uncleron12345
Hello,

I started to create an auto action with content, triggered onafteruserregistration.
In full text I used substitutions to all fields which shall be shown in this article.

but how do i use the substitutions with the new registered user ID?

for example, i have following html in auto actions full text field:
<div class="col-sm-3">
<div class="panel panel-default">
<div class="panel-heading">Mehr erfahren...</div>
<div class="panel-body">{cb}[cb_details_mehr_rightside]{/cb}</div>
</div>
</div>

what does the subsitution have look like to be related to the user who registers atm.? :S

sorry, i'm weird :silly: :)
thanks in forward.

8 years 2 months ago #277741 by krileon
To get a users id you'd use the [user_id] substitution.

CB Auto Actions will actually parse the substitutions before storage so I doubt that'll work with storing the raw substitution it self. Will review adding a parameter to turn off the user substitutions parsing so raw usage can be stored.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5781

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 2 months ago #277778 by uncleron12345
sorry, i have not exactly understood what you mean.

i'll try to explain it in other words, maybe something isn't clear :)

the generated joomla article should be viewable for all users/visitors. but the substituted field values may not change. they should always show the values from original user who is assigned to this article. i don't get how the subsitution has to look like.
my current subsitution only shows the values for the user whos logged in...that doesn't make sense, because all articles have the same values in that case :D

- these joomla articles should work like pages for profiles (for comparison: fb profile and fb fan pages).
- every article/page has the same given layout and is generated during (or after?) registration automatically.
- user(owner) can change placeholders in profile edit.
- all other users should be able to see the article with the owner's values.

thanks in forward :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn