redirect

8 years 1 week ago #280517 by globalgridfree
redirect was created by globalgridfree
sorry for the newbie question, I am having a hard time setting up a redirect, when a user logs in, I dont want them to have access to landing page, I have tried a number of different solutions.
what is the proper way to get this type of redirect to work with community builder?
I also have tried auto action, on after login,everyone, no conditions, action = /index.php goback1

I am new to redirect, and not sure if this should be done as an auto action, website rule, etc?

If you could explain how cb works with joomla and point me to some help files to assist in learning this?

thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 1 week ago #280518 by lousyfool
Replied by lousyfool on topic redirect
Well, the most obvious and simplest way is to edit your CB login module in the backend, tab "Login Options", then set the "Login Redirection URL". Tried that? Should work.

Auto Action is helpful if you want or need different redirects depending on certain conditions, such as CB fields or so. But for the basic redirect the setting in the module should do just fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: globalgridfree

8 years 1 week ago #280542 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic redirect
If you want them to always go back to the homepage on login then edit your CB Login module within Extensions > Modules then under Login Options set Login Redirect URL to index.php (no leading slash or anything). If you want them to return to their previous location where they attempted to login (if possible) then leave blank. If you want to go to a specific page be sure to always provide the non-SEF URL beginning within index.php.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 1 week ago #280612 by globalgridfree
Replied by globalgridfree on topic redirect
I dont think i explained this properly

I do not want signed in users having access to the landing page,

no access to index.php once user is signed in, when a user clicks on any link that would take them to index.php the user would be redirected to a specific page, profile page, or activity page etc....

I have my landing page set to guest, this makes the menu tab disappear once logged in, this causes a error when users do find a link that takes them to index.php

8 years 1 week ago #280615 by lousyfool
Replied by lousyfool on topic redirect
Ah ok... "landing page" = Joomla homepage = set to ACL "Guest"?

That's not a good idea, indeed. You should leave the homepage at ACL "Public". If you then want a registered user to be redirected away from there, you should publish a Joomla Custom HTML module there (= to this menu item only) which is set to ACL "Registered" and contains a redirect script.

I have done so in a case, actually with a few words like "Ooops, nothing here... we'll get you to your profile in XX seconds... or click [Back to your profile button]", where "X" is a short countdown in seconds, and it works perfectly fine.

8 years 1 week ago #280631 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic redirect
Joomla won't allow you to set 2 menu items to home even if they've different ACL. So having 2 different homepages can be a bit tricky and takes workarounds like using modules or content articles for different homepages based off ACL.

If your homepage is just a Joomla article for example then create a new Joomla content category and call it "Home" for example. Now create 1 article with access set to Guest and another set to Registered. Next set your home URL to display the articles from the "Home" category and it'll display the respective article based off the users access.

Believe there's also extensions that'll let you do this as it'd be a simple system plugin that just acts on the routing or after rendering to redirect to a different home URL.

For further suggestions I recommend posting to the Joomla.org forums though as this isn't something CB has any control over or can do anything about.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds