[#6059] User list doesn't allow selection of all groups

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #282906 by andrew432
I created a user list for all members, in CB user manager there are 3546 users, on the front end of the user list, there are only 571.

In the back end when editing the user list, it allows me to select all usergroups, but when I click save only about 20 percent remain selected.

Maybe there's a limit on how many user groups can be in a list, not sure but this is causing me a major problem and I would appreciate some help, image attached after selecting all and saving.
Regards,
Andrew

Joomla 3.5.1 with a fresh CB 2.0.14 install, no CB Subs, or Groupjive yet.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #282914 by andrew432
Replied by andrew432 on topic User list doesn't allow selection of all groups
It seems to restrict group selection to a maximum of 46,or 47 groups, if I select around 100 groups from the top, or bottom of the groups from the drop down, then save, it only saves 46 or 47 (not easy to count). I cleared the cache each time I made a change, and the new list of users changes on the front end with each change.

Please can you tell me where I can fix this.

Regards,
Andrew

7 years 10 months ago #282924 by krileon
It's a varchar(255) allowing a maximum of 255 characters for the usergroups column. This means your selection is being cut short in the database it self. We didn't exactly expect anyone to have 100 usergroups. Have added a feature ticket to review changing it to text so there's no limit.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6059

You can workaround this by editing the _comprofiler_lists database table and changing usergroupids column type to text in phpmyadmin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: andrew432

7 years 10 months ago #282937 by andrew432
Thanks, that fixed it.
Regards,
Andrew

7 years 4 months ago #288717 by andrew432
This reappeared after updating CB, so will the fix at forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6059 only be applicable to fresh installations?
Fortunately this site only has one user list, for reference this is the fix post update
1. Database
ALTER TABLE `presc_comprofiler_lists` CHANGE `usergroupids` `usergroupids` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NULL DEFAULT NULL;
2. Modify group selections in the cb members list

Regards,
Andrew
CB 2.0.15 and Joomla! 3.6.4

7 years 4 months ago #288719 by krileon
It's not possible for it to re-appear. The database column has been changed to text within CBs database XML file. It should fix on install otherwise run the database tools within CB > Tools.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.402 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn