[#6217] Advanced Email Validation

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #286015 by MAYASIMA
[#6217] Advanced Email Validation was created by MAYASIMA
The advanced email validation suddenly stopped working on one of my projects. This project is hosted on a dedicated server and should have all the requirements for advanced validation to work. Actually it has been working fine for the past two months. So, I am trying to figure out what the cause is. When I install an exact replica of the site with a shared hosting provider it works fine, but when I do the same on a dedicated server I cannot get it to work. Obviously something is missing, I just do not know what it could be. Especially since it has worked fine on the same server all this time. I guess something could have changed on the network the server is connected to. Anyway, the question is: do you have any suggestions or ideas how I can best troubleshoot this and find the cause? Is there a debugging function I can activate?

Thanks,

Sima

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #286016 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Advanced Email Validation
What do you mean it stopped working? It doesn't ajax validate the field at all now? Press F12 to open the developer console then click the Network tab and try to trigger the validation. You should see the HTTP request to the fieldClass and be able to review its response.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago #286022 by MAYASIMA
Replied by MAYASIMA on topic Advanced Email Validation

What do you mean it stopped working?

Before if you entered an email that could not receive email it would give an error message (I know that this function does not work with all email addresses but I am using one that I know generates the error)
Now it only checks if the email address has not been used by another user and then just says that the email is available.

You should see the HTTP request to the fieldClass and be able to review its response.

I tried that but since it always says that the email is available there is nothing to see.

This message contains confidential information

Thanks,

Sima

7 years 7 months ago #286048 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Advanced Email Validation
Seams to depend on the domain. Works fine with gmail domains. Other domains seam to just never complete the HTTP request for the MX Record Lookup. Looks like the HTTP request timeout isn't working or is missing as it should give up after a few seconds. Have added a bug ticket regarding the timeout.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6217

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MAYASIMA

7 years 7 months ago #286096 by MAYASIMA
Replied by MAYASIMA on topic Advanced Email Validation
Thanks Kyle!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.498 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn