[SOLVED] [#6230] Video playback GJ

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #286260 by rjblanchette
[SOLVED] [#6230] Video playback GJ was created by rjblanchette
Hi,
I've been following the threads dicussing the HTML5 videos etc. I've updated to all the latest updates of CB as of this post and yet I still can not display youtube videos. What am I missing here?

System:
Database Version 5.5.43-cll-lve
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
Database Connection Collation utf8mb4_general_ci
PHP Version 5.6.25
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.6.2 Stable [ Noether ] 4-August-2016 23:41 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/53.0.2785.116 Safari/537.36
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 6 months ago #286277 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Video playback GJ
GJ is still using its Flash player. CBs video fieldtype and CB Gallery are both HTML5. GJ will have the flash player removed in 3.0.1 in favor of HTML5.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 6 months ago #286279 by rjblanchette
Replied by rjblanchette on topic Video playback GJ
Hi, I understood that the FlashPlayer will be replaced. What I don't understand is that I have version 3.0.1+build.2016.09.19.22.52.57.2ca7b5f0c GJ installed and yet the video is not working. In any case, HTML or FlashPlayer I'm still not clear on why this is not working.

Thanks for your support and time,
Bob

7 years 6 months ago #286296 by krileon
GJ is still using Flash. No build of GJ is using HTML5 output yet. It's not working because some browsers are not allowing the Flash to function properly. Is the video a youtube video? Does the video work in latest CB Gallery release or a Video fieldtype?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 6 months ago #286318 by rjblanchette
Replied by rjblanchette on topic Video playback GJ
Yes it is a Youtube video and yes it works in a video fieldtype. I thought, wrongly, that the fix was already in. I will keep an eye on the Forge. Thanks for the clarifications.

Bob

7 years 6 months ago #286343 by krileon
Reviewed the code and looks like I did change it to HTML5 already, but forgot to mark the forge ticket. The below GJ Videos release is using HTML5 usage and youtube iframe.

CB GroupJive Video 3.0.1+build.2016.08.24.00.07.52.2288e6f55 (Latest)

Be sure you've updated GJ video and not just core GJ. If issue persists please PM the youtube video URL or post it here so I can test your exact URL to see if something could be wrong with the youtube parsing.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn