[SOLVED] CB is not firing onLoginFailure event ?

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #286439 by roland_d_alsace
[SOLVED] CB is not firing onLoginFailure event ? was created by roland_d_alsace
Hi.

It's seem's the the CB login procedure don't fire the Joomla event onUserAuthenticateFailure.

So it's not possible to uses brute force detection plugin (like Akeeba Admin Tools can do).

Is-it a configuration problem or a CB problem ?

Thanks.
Regards.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #286443 by krileon
I see no onUserAuthenticateFailure trigger anywhere in Joomla. It's onUserAuthorisationFailure (permission check failed) and onUserLoginFailure (login it self failed) which CB does fire. We use Joomla API for the login so it's not possible for CB to not fire the Joomla login triggers.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago #286446 by roland_d_alsace
Replied by roland_d_alsace on topic CB is not firing onUserAuthenticateFailure event ?
Hi Krileon.

Strange, because it's an Akeeba developper that give me this answer.

See here :
www.akeebabackup.com/support/admin-tools/26213-integration-problem-with-cb.html#p145930

Strange the 2 bigs components of Joomla can not work together !

Regards.

7 years 7 months ago #286451 by krileon
There is no onUserAuthenticateFailure event in Joomla.

docs.joomla.org/Plugin/Events/User

If they're trying to act on onUserAuthenticateFailure it won't work with anything as that event does not exist. My previous reply contains the events they should be using; one is fired (onUserAuthorisationFailure) if the user doesn't have the Site Login permission and the other (onUserLoginFailure) is fired when login fails and both will fire from CB (as again we're using Joomlas own API to login a user).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #286462 by roland_d_alsace
Replied by roland_d_alsace on topic CB is not firing onLoginFailure event ?
Hi Krileon.

Thanks for all this precisions.

Here is the answer of Akeeba

"Sorry, I got the event name wrong.
The events are onLoginFailure or onUserLoginFailure. "

"if CB is not firing this event when the login fails, Admin Tools has no chances to run. That's why it is working on another site using "plain" Joomla authentication. "

www.akeebabackup.com/support/admin-tools/26213-integration-problem-with-cb.html

7 years 7 months ago #286464 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB is not firing onLoginFailure event ?
CB doesn't attempt to login if there's no one to login. We don't bother asking Joomla if the credentials are valid when we know the user doesn't exist. There are no plans to change this behavior. In this case CB fires its own trigger onLoginFailed. So your extension would need to integrate with CB or attempt to do whatever behavior you're needing using CB Auto Actions and a Code action acting on onLoginFailed, which will let you use PHP to execute any necessary APIs.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn