[#6323] Upgrading CB Conditional breaks existing conditions

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #288384 by siala
Hi,

I just upgraded CB conditional to 4.0.7+build.2016.11.29.00.30.50.47936091e from 4.0.7+build.2016.07.09.00.28.00.ec65dbf5d.

All of my conditions that were previously working are now broken!!!! Whats going on?
It seems that many conditions are not working during profile edit. Most of the conditions are simple hide/show based on dropdown values.

Not sure what other information i can provide to help but let me know if you have further questions.

joomla: 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15+build.2016.09.18.15.00.02.b2e3df5e1

NOTE: i have downgraded cb conditional back to 4.0.7+build.2016.07.09.00.28.00.ec65dbf5d and the conditions are working again. I also tried 4.0.7+build.2016.10.28.01.27.57.1750676ea and it caused the same problem

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago #288404 by krileon
Please provide a screenshot of a condition that isn't working. What do you mean by they aren't working? Fields aren't showing or hiding entirely or they aren't saving their values? You were using a release from 4 months ago. It's possible your conditions were only functioning out of a fluke due to a bug. You can not condition the same field multiple times as the conditions will conflict; please ensure you're only applying 1 condition to each field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 months ago #288432 by siala
They are showing when the condition is false.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

For the first field in the attachment cb_primary_grade_completed is showing when the value of cb_flag_complete_primary_school is Y. There are no other conditions on cb_primary_grade_completed. cb_flag_complete_primary_school has a similar condition acting on it from another field which is not working either.

For the second field in the attachment cb_sport_skills_other is appearing when cb_sports_skills does not contain other. There are no other conditions on cb_sport_skills_other. cb_sport_skills is hidden/shown using a similar condition from another field and it is working as expected.

There are a number of other fields behaving like the above two.
Attachments:

7 years 4 months ago #288447 by krileon
For the first condition usage in your PDF instead of using a conditional others edit the field you're wanting to condition and use a conditional self then see if that same condition continues to fail. This will help confirm if it's just conditional others causing this as both of your conditions are conditional others.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 months ago #288470 by siala
yep seems to be "conditional others" causing the problem.

7 years 4 months ago #288473 by krileon
No idea the cause yet, but added a bug ticket to look into it further.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6323

For now I strongly recommend using only conditional self. Conditional others will be removed in 4.1.0 when AND/OR usage is implemented.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: siala

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn