[#6483] Strange access restriction

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #290910 by cpaschen
[#6483] Strange access restriction was created by cpaschen
I have a few Query Drop Down (Single Select) fields that are acting rather strange, although I've been able to nail down exactly what the cause is - but I don't know how to resolve it.

Here's what I have:

Field 1:
Query Drop Down (Single Select)
Query:
SELECT `common_name`, id
FROM custom_organizations_countries
ORDER BY `ordering`, `common_name`

Update On: -nothing-

This field is working perfectly

Field 2: (and others similar to this)
Query Drop Down (Single Select)
Query:
SELECT CONCAT(`name`,' (', `abbrev`,')') AS label, id
FROM custom_organizations_us_states
WHERE `country` = '[cb_parish_country]'
ORDER BY `name`

Update On: -Field1-
(Nothing set in Integrations/CB Conditional, or any other integrations)

The problem ...

These fields work properly for:
- front-end (when user creating a new user account and editing their profile)
- admin-side for all with proper ACL if adding a new user
- admin-side for super-admin when editing exiting user

The problem:
- admin-side for 'moderators' when editing an existing user

Result:
Nothing is available for selection in the 2nd field.
Console reports: Empty string passed to getElementById().

Additionally:

CB Configurations | Moderation:
Moderators View Access Level - set to access level group which all staff have (including ones having problem)
All settings on this tab set to YES
Allow Moderators to Edit User Profiles: Moderators and Super Administrators Only
(also tested with same results with "Administrators and Super Administrators Only")

Presently running:
CB : 2.1.2 (build 2017-01-28)

Is there some other access setting that could be controlling access to these?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #290918 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Strange access restriction
Please ensure CB Query Field is up to date then please provide the full console error when trying to trigger the Update On for that field (including the file path and line number). By admin-side do you mean backend? Does this issue happen when editing a user as a CB Moderator on frontend?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #290933 by cpaschen
Replied by cpaschen on topic Strange access restriction
Console when using back-end triggering:

JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
jquery.migrate.min.js?v=fba8a15baf40ccab:1 JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed with logging active, version 1.4.1
jquery-2.0.2.min.js:3GET www.cmdnet.org/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/font/fontawesome-webfont.woff2?v=4.7.0
(anonymous) @ jquery-2.0.2.min.js:3
swap @ jquery-2.0.2.min.js:3
(anonymous) @ jquery-2.0.2.min.js:3
l @ jquery-2.0.2.min.js:3
fireWith @ jquery-2.0.2.min.js:3
ready @ jquery-2.0.2.min.js:3
S @ jquery-2.0.2.min.js:3

When editing user records on the front-end everything appears to be working just fine.

CB and all plug-ins (including CB Query Field) are updated to the latest versions (as of 2017-02-01).

7 years 3 months ago #290935 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and provide instructions on how to duplicate exactly your issue. I've a pretty good idea what's causing this, but will help to confirm.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #290943 by krileon
Have reviewed your install. The ajax response is coming back with "You cannot edit a `guest`. Only higher-level users have this power. ". Seams to be a bug in the backend ajax handler for fieldClass. Have added a bug ticket as follows for further investigation and fixing.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6483

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

7 years 3 months ago #290944 by krileon
Please try the below change and see if it resolves your issue.

IN: administrator/components/com_comprofiler/controller/controller.default.php
ON: Line 1933
		$msg				=	checkCBpermissions( array($uid), "edit", true );
TO:
		$msg				=	cbCheckIfUserCanPerformUserTask( $uid, 'allowModeratorsUserEdit' );

if ( ( $uid != Application::MyUser()->getUserId() ) && ( $msg === null ) ) {
			// safeguard against missconfiguration of the above: also avoids lower-level users editing higher level ones:
			$msg			=	checkCBpermissions( array( (int) $uid ), 'edit', true );
		}

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.443 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn