[#6499] Big, big language trouble - please solve it!

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #291366 by sentix
I know this is not a new issue. But it is so important!

CB sends mail using the language of the user initiating the mail. So when a user is logged in and a plugin triggers a mail, it is working correctly. But when I as an administrator initiating the same mail via backend, the language is determined by MY langugae tag.

That is stupid! I want to have the mails in the language of the user. It doesn't matter what my language is.

One example for this are the "resend confirmation" mails. In first place, the confirmation mail is issued in the language of the user. But when I trigger the "resend confirmation", mails are sent in German because I am a german admin but the user understands "bahnhof" because he is Italian or British.

Same problem exists when I enable a plan via CB Subs and this triggers confirmation mails. When a plan is issued by an users action, it works like intended, but when I activate a plan from the admin panel, mails will be send in the admin language.

We have this problem as long as I can think with CB and CBSubs. But it is so annoying and leads to big usability issues. PLEASE CHANGE THIS BAD BEHAVIOR!!!

Thanks. Beside this issue, your products are fine :-)

Versions: CB 2.7.2, J 3.10.6

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #291380 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Big, big language trouble - please solve it!
Depending on where the subject and body is translated we do send it in the users language assuming the recipient is a user and not just an email address. I've added a bug ticket regarding the locations you've mentioned so they can be looked into further.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6499

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn