[SOLVED] Which Field Type For Multiple Choices From A List

6 years 11 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #293534 by bins
I want members to be able to identify what areas of business they are in. For many members, this would be a simple choice from the list (which could have a few thousand options!).

However, some members work in several fields e.g. web design, seo, social media etc

I have been playing with the field types but cannot seem to find one that allows the searching of the list (e.g. list get refined as keywords are entered) and then allowing multiple selections.

Am I mission this somewhere?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #293540 by krileon
There is no select2 usage for fields. You can try forcing it by using CB Auto Actions and applying the jQuery to the field, but that means you can't condition off that field anymore as the jQuery in CB Conditional doesn't account for select2 usage. There also is no CB Query Field usage where it starts out empty, you search a value, and it populates the dropdown based off what you typed.

Typically the best way to handle a field like that is a text field or textarea field and they supply it themselves.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago #293544 by bins
Select2 - didn't know it had a name!

I do not want to allow free entry, primarily as we want to use this for business matching, but also because of spelling issues and wrong descriptions!

I might just have to start with a simple list or multiple choice list, but, as the options are so long, I can user issues...

6 years 11 months ago #293548 by krileon
Well you can make it select2, but if you also need to condition it with CB Conditional you won't be able to otherwise it'll work fine. You can do this using the below for example.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/236285-substring-search-in-cb-query-field-how-to-get-this-method#292473

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #293557 by bins
But will work allow for multiple choices?

6 years 11 months ago #293582 by krileon
Yes, our custom jQuery plugin cbselect will work with single and multiple select fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn