Setting up recurring payments with PayPal Pro

6 years 8 months ago #296409 by sclarke
Hi,
We are using CB 2.1.3 and Paid Subscriptions 4.1.0+build.2017.08.07.20.58.58.bc03b6077 and trying to configure single/recurring transactions at user discretion through the PayPal Pro gateway.

If single transactions only are specified, the transaction is processed but, with recurring transactions, the following error message is received on clicking the Pay button we get the following error message:
"DPRP is disabled.. Please contact site administrator to check error log."

I raised this issue with PayPal and got the following response, in part:
"The confusion is with the product type your software is trying to use.
Your PayPal Payments Pro with Payflow is set up to use recurring billing.
DPRP is the recurring billing for an older product we called PayPal Website Payments Pro.
Please make sure you integrate the software using the Payflow Login credentials and not the PayPal account API credentials."

Anyone else seeing this problem?

Thanks,
Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #296412 by sclarke
Here is a further comment from PayPal:

"It seems that CBPS (CB Paid Subscriptions) is built for the legacy Pro platform (Website Payments Pro) which relies on the API credentials to link with external services.

You have the new Pro platform (PayPal Payments Pro or PayPal Pro Payflow Edition) which relies on the Manager login credentials to link with external services.

Though the API credentials are valid for other PayPal services including one-time direct card payments, it does not have the capability to process/create recurring profiles cross-platform.

If CBPS does not have an option to use the Manager credentials instead of the API credentials, then our sales team will have to register you for an account with the legacy platform of Pro, Website Payments Pro."

Appreciate your feedback.
S.

6 years 8 months ago #296415 by krileon
That is correct that our gateway uses the Website Payments Pro API. It has not been rewritten for their newer API. I do not have a timeframe for when such rewrite will happen, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #296445 by sclarke
OK. Disappointing news but thanks for the response.
sc

6 years 6 months ago #297679 by krileon
Ok the PayPal Pro gateway has been improved to support both APIs. You can now select which API to use with the latest release of CBSubs PayPal Pro. Single payments, Recurring payments, Refunds, and Recurring Cancellations all tested working and implemented with Payflow Pro API. Existing Website Payments Pro implementation was untouched.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #297877 by sclarke
We really appreciate this, Kyle. Many thanks. It looks good. Just need to get the fix for the State/Province field issue in CB Subs (#295164)
viz.

In addition, on the initial display of "This is your invoicing address" display/form on the front-end during checkout, the 'State/Province' is not showing any states available. It just shows 'Click to select'. I have to select a different country, then re-select the proper country for the state list to get populated.
This is a known issue.

We look forward to giving this PayPal Pro upgrade a shot.

Thanks,
Steve

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn