[#6792] CB Subs problems with the eWay plug-in

6 years 7 months ago #297701 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Subs problems with the eWay plug-in
Ok, have reviewed the gateway. It no longer appears functional. eWay also no longer appears to be maintaining the API it was originally developed with. Specifically the below API.

www.eway.com.au/_files/documentation/HostedPaymentPageDoc.pdf

There doesn't appear to be backwards compatibility for its endpoints either and appears to be replaced by their Rapid 3.1 API below.

www.eway.com.au/developers/api/responsive-shared-page

I'm not sure what to make of this. I've contacted their support to see what in the world is going on and why there's no backwards compatibility layer. Feel free to reach out to them as well with this information.

It's looking like a potential complete rewrite of the gateway.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #297704 by RobGG
Replied by RobGG on topic CB Subs problems with the eWay plug-in
Hi Kyle,

This is strange. I can assure you that following the change made by our developer (claimed to be small) and documented in a previous post, the interface currently works perfectly for us, with real money.
Originally, out of the box, the gateway worked but there was a delay of around eight minutes to initiate the eWay interface and another delay of eight minutes to return from the eWay interface to website control.
On contact with eWay, I found the eWay "Chat" service both efficient and knowledgeable.

Regards, Robert

6 years 7 months ago #297718 by krileon
Have contacted their supported and it looks like either a change on our end with our HTTP request API broke it at some point or a protocol change on their end broke it. At any rate I was able to resolve it by switching over to Guzzle for the HTTP requests. All CBSubs HTTP requests will eventually utilize Guzzle, but at this time it's still fsockopen. The below proposed change in my tests didn't work and simply returned and empty request (failed to open connection) so it maybe subjective to server configuration.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/237400-6792-cb-subs-problems-with-the-eway-plug-in?limitstart=0#297556

Will continue to test and have a new release available later today or tomorrow with this fixed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #297721 by krileon
Ok, have found the cause. We updated our HTTP API to be HTTP 1.1 protocol for PayPal, but the eWay API is only working with HTTP 1.0. Soon as it's changed to 1.0 it works fine. Will be reviewing how to best fix this in CBSubs API.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

6 years 7 months ago #297736 by krileon
Ok, latest build released as of today fixes this issue. Please be sure to update both CBSubs and eWay gateway at the least as fix requires changes in both.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn