[SOLVED] [#6906] Auto Email Reminders - 7, 14, 28 days

6 years 5 months ago #299299 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto Email Reminders - 7, 14, 28 days
Ah, I see the issue. It's not working for users with as lastvisitDate of 0000-00-00 00:00:00 in the database. Math against that will be far more than 5 years old. This means "But do not send message if it's later than" needs to be set to "And no other date condition" for that to work, but you can't select "And no other date condition" due to validation bug. Will be fixing that bug and in the mean time bypassed the jQuery validation by modifying the DOM so "And no other date condition" could be saved.

This fixed it on my local tests, but your install still isn't adding to the queue. After enabling debug mode and removing &format=raw from the URL the below are thrown.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /libraries/src/Log/LogEntry.php on line 116

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /libraries/vendor/joomla/registry/src/Registry.php on line 85

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /libraries/joomla/database/driver.php on line 2043

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32768 bytes) in /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/models/table/cbpaidHistory.php on line 1

Your install is hitting memory limits and can't process all those users into the queue. Sending emails has batching capabilities, but queuing emails does not. Have added a feature ticket for this. I don't have a workaround to suggest beyond increase memory limits from 128mb to maybe 256mb.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #299598 by webtechplus
Replied by webtechplus on topic Auto Email Reminders - 7, 14, 28 days
Hi Kirelon

I had a look at this yesterday thank you for finding the issue i wuold have never found that. I upped the memory limit to 256mb and ran the email queue. I did get a 504 timeout error however over 6000 users were put into the mail queue.
The problem is now however, none of the emails in the queue are being sent it just keeps saying there is no emails in the email queue even though there is over 6000 records.

Thanks for support and feedback
We hope that we can assist you if you need and ask, all the best from the WTP Team

6 years 4 months ago #299605 by krileon
Are you using the link that triggers actual sending of the queue? There's 3 URLs. 1 adds to queue, 1 sends queue, 1 does both.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #299639 by webtechplus
I used the first link and queued the emails. I try the second email and it says there isn't any emails in the queue.
Also we have the third link set up as a cron job which seems to be adding the emails to the queue but not sending the emails.

We hope that we can assist you if you need and ask, all the best from the WTP Team

6 years 4 months ago #299647 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and I'm not sure why the queue isn't sending. I'm not seeing any errors output either. Looks like there's a conditional check to see if it's too soon or too late to send the email. Within the _cbsubs_mailer_mailqueue database table review both time_to_mail and time_too_late to ensure they're not empty or too far in the past/future. Looks like if the current datetime is greater than time_too_late then it won't send that mail.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

6 years 4 months ago #299771 by webtechplus
Hi Krileon

I have checked the database, having looked at the first 100 records and the last 100 records, all the time_too_late fields are set to NULL. By the sounds of it this field should be populated? Is there a certain value we need to enter to fill this field or should it be populated automatically?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn