[SOLVED] [#6906] Auto Email Reminders - 7, 14, 28 days

6 years 4 months ago #299779 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto Email Reminders - 7, 14, 28 days
NULL is fine. Means there's no end time. I'm unsure what's preventing the mailer queue from sending at this time. The time_to_mail should be less than or equal to the datetime the mailer is being processed. time_too_late should be less than the current datetime (NULL is fine). Finally state should be "A". Those seam to be the only conditions being checked for the mailer queue processing. Do all 3 columns look ok in your database?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #299799 by webtechplus
Replied by webtechplus on topic Auto Email Reminders - 7, 14, 28 days
Here's a screenshot - screenshots.firefox.com/iqSd2L80NTfjwU2y/sau-0ee6c-or.servercontrol.com.au

Everything looks fine in the database. I changed the first record date to a date in the future to just test but still nothing is being sent from the queue.

Thanks for support and feedback
We hope that we can assist you if you need and ask, all the best from the WTP Team

6 years 4 months ago #299809 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto Email Reminders - 7, 14, 28 days
Ok, I've confirmed it's time_too_late being NULL causing it. I removed that check and it was able to find mailer queues to send. The query is as follows, which you can run directly on your database

SELECT m.*
FROM `TABLE-PREFIX-HERE_cbsubs_mailer_mailqueue` AS m
WHERE m.`state` = 'A'
AND m.`time_to_mail` <= '2017-12-05 13:53:46'
AND m.`time_too_late` > '2017-12-05 13:53:46'
ORDER BY m.`priority` DESC, m.`time_to_mail` 
LIMIT 0, 100

Remove the time_too_late check and it'll find results. I don't think time_too_late is actually supposed to be NULL. Best I can suggest is as a workaround is to run an update query to set time_too_late to time_to_mail if NULL. Example as follows.

UPDATE `TABLE-PREFIX-HERE_cbsubs_mailer_mailqueue` SET `time_too_late` = `time_to_mail` WHERE `time_too_late` IS NULL

I've added a bug ticket to further look into this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #299842 by webtechplus
Replied by webtechplus on topic Auto Email Reminders - 7, 14, 28 days
Okay I ran the select query and it returned nothing. Removed the time_to_late and returned all records.

I ran the update command but it still did nothing. I needed to make the time_to_late a date in the future not the same, so I set it to roughly +1 year (just changed it to 2018). The cron job seemed to have ran and 100 emails were sent so I can confirm it is working now with a time_to_late set into the future, is that correct?

Could you let us know if it indeed is a problem with NULL and if it is let us know when the patch is released so we can apply it to the website?

Thanks for all your help.

We hope that we can assist you if you need and ask, all the best from the WTP Team

6 years 4 months ago #299852 by beat
New nightly release with fix is now in downloads, please make sure to updated both the main CBSubs plugin as well as the CBSubs Mailer plugin.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

6 years 4 months ago #300021 by webtechplus
Thanks we will add these both to our installs on Monday.
Since we have been able to get some messages out we have now had another issue, Yahoo and a server based in Russia have not blocked our server and will not allow emails to be sent through there system.

We are in the process of appealing these bans, but part of the requirement to lift the ban is that we MUST have an option to opt out of messages.
How can we manage this within the system of Community Builder?

Examples of unsubscribe facilities that are clearly worded and easy to use include:
- Email—'Unsubscribe: if you no longer want to receive messages from us, simply reply to this email with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject line.'
- Email—'If you no longer want to receive these messages, please click the "unsubscribe" button below.'

www.acma.gov.au/Industry/Marketers/Anti-Spam/Ensuring-you-dont-spam/spam-spam-act-2003-faqs
www.acma.gov.au/Industry/Marketers/Anti-Spam/Ensuring-you-dont-spam/mandatory-unsubscribe-ability-ensuring-you-dont-spam-i-acma
www.lsoft.com/resources/optinlaws.asp

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn