[#7135] Uploaded handy pic will be deformed

5 years 11 months ago #304364 by activha
I tried with other portraits pictures as well and it’s the same result with iPhone. The picture is cut at the bottom.
We don’ have this behavior with our other component from iPhone

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #304367 by krileon
Without you sending me a photo that's impacted by this there's nothing more I can do (it needs to be raw format from the device so zipping it and uploading to 3rd party service or emailing zip is likely necessary). I do not own an Apple product. I've tested 2 image libraries that utilize EXIF orientation of which they all work fine now. This behavior is in the JS though so please be sure after updating CB Gallery you purge any and all cache on your site to be sure the JS wasn't cached by Joomlas caching functionality or 3rd party template caching functionality. Your other components may not even have client side resizing so the issue could be entirely irrelevant there.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304477 by activha
OK at what email address can I send you the picture ?

5 years 11 months ago #304574 by krileon
Ok, was able to confirm the issue with the photo you've sent. I'm unsure what's causing it yet, but seams to be the client side resizing as once disabled it works fine. The photo is quite large though so maybe hitting limitations of the browser being able to handle it or some errors in the orientation code. Have added a bug ticket to further investigate and fix.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7154

Hopefully I can have this fixed today.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304580 by krileon
Ok, I believe I've tracked down where it's going wrong. I'm attempting to handle the rotating, cropping, and resizing all in a single pass. It doesn't like that. The resizing (to enforce max width/height) conflicts with the orientation code. So I'm now doing this in 2 passes. First it immediately checks if there's an orientation. If there is it'll immediately rotate the image before doing anything else. No resizing, cropping, etc.. applied. It then continues with the rest of the behavior (resize/crop) then sends it to the server for upload. This appears to be working fine now with the image you supplied and all my test orientation images working correctly.

This is now fixed in latest build available now.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

5 years 11 months ago #304587 by activha
I'll check on our website as soon as possible and report

Well done ! :-)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn