[#3654] Show 'amount due' in the Thank-you Email body (payment pending)?

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #304767 by cpaschen
We have subscriptions that allow pay by check via mail.

In the Email on pending payment of manual renewal section of the subscription, in the "Thank-you Email body (payment pending)" area we have the following snippet of text:

please forward your check, made payable to "-clientname-" in the amount of [SUBSCRIPTION_RENEWAL_PRICE] to:

This shows the full renewal prices ($100); however, there is an automatic discount being added for $25, which makes the actual amount due $75.

I'm not sure what substitution code we can put in place of "[SUBSCRIPTION_RENEWAL_PRICE]" to properly display the total amount due. I've tried "[TOTAL_PRICE]" (as we have used in the invoice); however, that doesn't appear to be a valid substitution in this email notice (it just shows "[TOTAL_PRICE]" literally in the email body).

Is there some other substitution code within those email notices or some other setting that will provide the subscriber with the actual amount due that they need to pay?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #304783 by krileon
The plan emails don't have access to the baskets information directly. Offline payment gateway usage should include a payment slip for them to send with their check though. We've a feature request already to improve those emails to allow substituting in basket information and have added this topic to the ticket.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #305069 by cpaschen
From what I can tell, there isn't any way to email the payment slip to the user - it is just available in the pop-up box after they confirm they are paying offline.

Is that correct? Or is there a way to have the payment slip automatically emailed to the user after they place the order?

5 years 9 months ago #305073 by krileon

Is that correct?

That's correct. They'd need to print it at time of payment confirmation.

Or is there a way to have the payment slip automatically emailed to the user after they place the order?

Nope, not at this time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn