ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

5 years 6 months ago #307202 by cwhitlock
ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS was created by cwhitlock
www.rogersfoundationofmusic.com

I tested a login for one of my students and now it goes to this error page and I can't get to the site anymore. I looked up some of the forum solutions and they didn't work. I reinstalled community builder, paid subs, gantry, and the ambrosia template from rockettheme, and cleared the cache.

I can't figure out how to fix this. Can you help?

Siteground.com did update Joomla last week.

Connie Whitlock
constancewhitlock@gmail.com

Setting Value

PHP Built On Linux siteground342.com 3.12.18-clouder0 #20 SMP Mon Feb 26 12:15:53 EET 2018 x86_64
Database Type mysql
Database Version 5.6.40-84.0-log
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
Database Connection Collation utf8mb4_general_ci
PHP Version 7.0.31
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.8.12 Stable [ Amani ] 28-August-2018 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/68.0.3440.106 Safari/537.36
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #307206 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
Looks like they're getting stuck in a redirect loop for some reason. Edit them within CB > User Management and set Reset Password to No if it's set to Yes. Could be the redirect to Joomla profile edit causing it to get stuck, but that shouldn't be the case as our system plugin is supposed to allow access in the event Reset Password is set to Yes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago #307208 by cwhitlock
Replied by cwhitlock on topic ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
Thank you, that worked.

5 years 6 months ago #307209 by krileon
Added bug ticket to investigate further as this is the second or third report of this happening. Not sure what's causing the redirect behavior to get stuck like that, but so far am unable to confirm the issue. Will investigate further to see why it keeps doing that.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7269

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 1 week ago #311257 by aadjeh
Replied by aadjeh on topic ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
We have the same issue.

When a user logs in and has to reset their password we get this error.
It is solved when I enable "rewrite URL's" in the CB system plugin.
But enabling this is not an option for us because we have components with inline login, that go wrong when this plugin is enabled.

Is there a fix for this?

5 years 1 week ago #311263 by krileon
CB is not intended to be used with logins other than its own. You've a "backdoor login" that bypasses CB by doing what you're doing. This means approval/confirmation checks will never happen with the login you're using. You likely will also have to disable the Redirect URLs parameter and secure your other registration methods yourself (e.g. turning off Joomla registration) and you won't be able to use user confirmation/approval.

Is there a fix for this?

No, see the linked bug ticket for progress or updates on this issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn