[SOLVED] Create dropdown field with to many chars

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #309942 by wegda
Ive created a dropdown for cb_state e.g. sachsen-anhalt. Inside the profile edit ive set the state but it cannot save because an error for to many chars. Allowed are 10 chars but your choice are 14 chars. How can i set this to more chars?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #309946 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Create dropdown field with to many chars
There's no character limit for dropdowns. Sorry, don't understand your issue. It also looks like you used a multi-select instead of a single select. For multi-select there's a maximum and minimum select parameter to limit how many options can selected; I'm guessing maybe one of those was set? I can't tell based off the error as I only know English, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #309960 by wegda
Replied by wegda on topic Create dropdown field with to many chars
Morning Fans. It is a single dropdown. The Errormessage was telling: ive to many chars used. 10 chars allowed You use 14 chars. I can give u an access for this site.

5 years 2 months ago #309982 by krileon
Was the field originally a different type? A text field for example?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310045 by wegda
Replied by wegda on topic Create dropdown field with to many chars
Yes it is possible the original was a textfield. What can we do?

5 years 2 months ago #310054 by krileon
Ok, that'd be the issue then. Changing a fields type doesn't clear previous parameters and the core validation check looks for the length parameters since that function didn't take into account the later added option of changing a fields type. Easiest way to remove that validation is change the field back to text, empty those parameters, save, then change it back to select.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7431

Added a bug ticket to look into a means of fixing this when a fields type is changed, but you'll still need to perform the above steps to fix your field.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: wegda

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn