[#7429] Stripe SEPA source format

5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #310003 by activha
[#7429] Stripe SEPA source format was created by activha
Hello

while reviewing Stripe use and the latest payments via SEPA it seems that Stripe window within CBSubs gateway now uses credit card forename, credit card name, account name for IBAN payment.

On Stripe docs stripe.com/docs/sources/sepa-debit it should use only name and IBAN number.

Could you upgrade CBSubs so that for a SEPA method, forename and name are aggregated in a single field or company name if it exists is used instead of forename + name?

It seems that we had a few disputes recently because of the use of CBSubs name and surname instead of single field company name for the account holder.

Maybe should be best to stick to Stripe requirements for Sepa payment if possible

Thanks
Jean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #310012 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe SEPA source format
The SEPA payment method should not have the two name fields it should have an "Account Number" field followed by an "Account Name" field. Looks like just a bug with the IF check responsible for hiding first and last name fields.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7429

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago #310013 by krileon
Quickfix as follows so you don't have to wait for new build.

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/processors/stripe/cbpaidsubscriptions.stripe.php
ON: Line 384
<?php if ( ! in_array( $cardType, array( 'ach', 'ach_credit', 'ach_debit' ) ) ) { ?>
TO:
<?php if ( ! in_array( $cardType, array( 'sepa', 'ach', 'ach_credit', 'ach_debit' ) ) ) { ?>

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310282 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Stripe SEPA source format
Thanks for the update

BTW is it possible to add a setting in the Stripe Gateway to use cb_company field as account owner instead of name if it exists ?
Would be good to pass the field to Stripe when we have business client instead of the personal name

5 years 2 months ago #310290 by krileon

BTW is it possible to add a setting in the Stripe Gateway to use cb_company field as account owner instead of name if it exists ?

No, there are no plans for such a parameter. The majority of purchases are made by individuals so it's designed to be most convenience for them by pre-filling name.

Would be good to pass the field to Stripe when we have business client instead of the personal name

I've no way of knowing that from CBSubs Stripe. Checking if someone is a business isn't done by anything except CBSubs Tax.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn