Add and remove usergroups based off subscription?

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #311553 by marse7
I could swear there is an option to add users to a group and then remove them or alter them when their plan is done and not renewed.

I can find the add part (in Access) but I have looked three times (and done searches and perused the manual) and I'll be damned if I can find where a user is assigned to different group on expiration.

If there is no way to do that using CBSubs settings (and I am, in fact, losing my mind) then I'm assuming it can be done using AutoActions or similar. Any insight into this would be appreciated.

What I'm attempting is to use CBSubs to change a user to "Registered Member" group and then on expiration change them back to "Registered." Registered Member would be the way event software (such as Event Booking or Matukio) would know that the user can register for the event.

Even Booking already does this quite well (see screenshots) based on group level.

Any help is appreciate and will get me slobberingly grateful. :woohoo:

EVENT DISPLAY FRONT END:

NEW GROUP CREATED:

FROM EVENT BOOKING BACK END SETTING ON INDIVIDUAL EVENT:

Best,
Mark
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #311562 by krileon

I could swear there is an option to add users to a group and then remove them or alter them when their plan is done and not renewed.

That functionality isn't a plugin, but just a parameter under the Access tab of your plans. If you're doing this through a plugin it would be by using CB Auto Actions and its Usergroups action type.

I can find the add part (in Access) but I have looked three times (and done searches and perused the manual) and I'll be damned if I can find where a user is assigned to different group on expiration.

The usage under the Access tab doesn't let you select more than 1 usergroup and you can't select a usergroup to assign on expiration. The usergroup selected will be given when they become active and removed when they expire automatically. If you need more indepth control you need to use CB Auto Actions.

If there is no way to do that using CBSubs settings (and I am, in fact, losing my mind) then I'm assuming it can be done using AutoActions or similar. Any insight into this would be appreciated.

The functionality exists in both to an extent. If you only need to manage 1 usergroup per plan then using the usage under the Access tab of your plan is recommended.

What I'm attempting is to use CBSubs to change a user to "Registered Member" group and then on expiration change them back to "Registered." Registered Member would be the way event software (such as Event Booking or Matukio) would know that the user can register for the event.

It sounds like you just need to add "Registered Member" group and remove it when appropriate. That's easily done using the parameter under the Access tab of your plan. If you want a more indepth usage you can use the below in CB Auto Actions for more control.

Plan Active
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
2: [var2] Equal To A

Plan Expired
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
2: [var2] Not Equal To A

Replace PLAN_ID_HERE with the ID of the plan you want this to act on.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marse7

5 years 1 month ago #311571 by marse7
Thank you for this comprehensive answer. Something like this (if it works as intended) makes me happier than you can know because it means I can use CB Subs for the foreseeable future and pair it with an event component that does what I need for my clients.

I will try this today and report back.

I simply don't know how you all do what you do between dev and answering these forum questions. Do you all have lives beyond CB???? :blink:

Best,
Mark
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

5 years 1 month ago #311576 by krileon

I simply don't know how you all do what you do between dev and answering these forum questions.

Typically my work day consists of spending the morning clearing support. This could take 1hr to 8hrs (the entire day), but on average takes no more than 4hrs (half the day). The rest of the time is dedicated to development. Some days can get pretty busy on support, but since we use GIT for managing all our development it's not an issue to typically stop mid-development, switch back to master branch, fix something, and release the fix. It was A LOT more stressful when we used SVN and couldn't do that, but that was years ago.

The most time consuming support isn't answering forums, but is install reviews. If there's an issue we can't walk someone through to self diagnose and we suspect it could be an issue in CB or one of our products we have to review their install to see what's going wrong. These could easily take the entire day or even week to track down an issue, but sometimes it's just necessary for us to see the issue to help find and resolve the cause.

Do you all have lives beyond CB????

Absolutely and is a big part of why weekends are our downtime. :)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marse7

5 years 1 month ago #311589 by marse7
I tried and tried to find the place to throw some (small) cash at you guys to buy you a beer (or coffee) and couldn't.

If the link still exists can you please post it?

Thanks!
Mark

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #311592 by marse7
Forgive me for being so dense but when you said this:

It sounds like you just need to add "Registered Member" group and remove it when appropriate. That's easily done using the parameter under the Access tab of your plan. If you want a more indepth usage you can use the below in CB Auto Actions for more control.

I don't see a way to change someone's user group under ACCESS.

All I see (at the bottom) is a way to add someone to a group.

???

NEVER MIND...The DB just hadn't caught up to the display (or vice versa.) It removed the new group after the plan expired.

THANK YOU AGAIN!!

Mark

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn