[#7536] Stripe dispute change

5 years 1 day ago - 5 years 22 hours ago #311975 by activha
[#7536] Stripe dispute change was created by activha
Hello

am referring to this subject : www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/239569-7239-cbsubs-stripe-dispute-no-feed-back?start=24

Did you change something recently to Stripe gateway ?

You made the changes listed pages 5, 6 and 7 of the post regarding dispute handling and reversed states and it worked fine until beginning of this month.

But recently we noticed some SEPA payments no longer marked as pending but as completed in CBsubs and marked as disputed in Stripe with no notifications sent back to CBsubs.

Did Stripe or CBSubs change something to the process for dispute ? we use API 2019-02-19 in CBSubs gateway but Stripe still shows 2018-02-06 as the API used and latest version is 2019-03-14 ?

Should we set back CBsubs stripe gateway to 2018-11-08 to get back dispute handling ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 day ago #311977 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe dispute change
Your Stripe API version and Gateway API version should be as close as possible. If you've CBSubs set to 2019-02-19 then yes update Stripe to latest which is currently 2019-03-14. There have been no changes on Stripes end for disputes and none in CBSubs Stripe regarding disputes.

The only recent changes that have been released where the addition of the missing product[type] usage for the generated plans products. That was 1 month ago. Beyond that 2 months ago was an implementation to try and find a basket id when Stripe only provides invoice, charge, or subscription objects.

My guess is your issue is due entirely to API version. Do not change the API version at Stripe or in CBSubs without considering the other. If issues still persists will have to take a look later as currently I'm in the middle of implementing their hosted checkout payment method and payment intents.

Please note the dispute state is entirely relying on the webhook. If no webhook shows up for CBSubs to process it will never go into a disputed state. So please be sure they are not failing to reach your site for whatever reason.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 1 day ago #311978 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Stripe dispute change
That’s strange because webhooks work fine for all except for disputes
I have attached a screenshot of the latest sent to CBsubs regarding a closed dispute not dealt by CBsubs
Maybe it helps ?
We have upgraded Stripe api to the latest but am not sure it comes from Stripe as everything seems to be sent by webhooks

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

5 years 1 day ago #311979 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Stripe dispute change
Details

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

5 years 22 hours ago #311983 by krileon
It has no metadata. The workaround fix for that is CBSubs Stripe will try to find the metadata based off data.object.charge, which with the above is py_###########. There is no lookup code in CBSubs to handle charges beginning with py_. I've no idea what py_ is. It typically is ch_ for charge, in_ for invoice, or sub_ for subscription. Note the reason there is no metadata is because Stripe won't pass the charge request metadata to the dispute for whatever reason.

This must've been a recent change at Stripe, but I've no idea what version changed it as I see no mention of such a change in their API changelog. Will have to review further for a later release as we're something like 5 GIT branches ahead of master for CBSubs Stripe with a lot of changes. Have added a bug ticket to look into adding py_ basket id lookup.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7536

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 22 hours ago #311984 by krileon
Ok, there's no documentation on py_, but they're charges on connected accounts. I've no idea why they decided to do this or when, but the quickfix workaround for the lookup behavior below might fix your issue for the time being.

IN: /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/processors/stripe/cbpaidsubscriptions.stripe.php
ON: Line 2964
if ( strpos( $id, 'ch_' ) === 0 ) {
TO:
if ( ( strpos( $id, 'ch_' ) === 0 ) || ( strpos( $id, 'py_' ) === 0 ) ) {

I may need to make other changes throughout to treat py_ same as ch_. I'm not sure yet, but that should at least fix the basket id lookup for py_ charges.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn