CB Privacy Plugin - Account deactivation only works if user is logged in

4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #312485 by erichburkhard
Hi - I am not sure if the following behaviour works as designed or not. I have installed the newest CB Privacy plugin. As soon as a user clicks on the 'disable account' link in his user profile an email will be sent to his e-mail-box. If this user clicks on the embedded link in this e-mail, his account is going to be disabled, BUT this only works if this user is logged in while clicking on this link. If the user descides to first log out from his account and then clicks on this e-mail-link, the process does not work.

My question: Is this benaviour correct?

Regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #312492 by krileon
No, they should not have to be logged in. It should find their block request based off the token in the URL. If they aren't logged in it then establishes a user object based off the user in the block request. What error message are you seeing when attempting to disable or delete an account while logged out?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312567 by erichburkhard
Hi attached to this the detailed scenario what happens when I try to disable an account:

URL (example): mydomain.com

1. User XY logs in to: mydomain.com
2. User XY click on 'Disable Account' in his profile
3. Popup appears to enter the reason for disabling account
4. Put in reason and click 'Disable Account' ... confirmation message appears that an email has been sent to corresponding mailbox
5. Email with embedded confirmation link appears in the mailbox of user XY
6. XY logs out from website: mydomain.com and closes the browser window
7. User XY clicks on the confirmation link in his email ...mydomain.com appears in browser and the message: 'Error Not authorized'
8. Log in with user XY on mydomain.com ->user is logged in ..... no message that his account has been disabled (remark: account is still active)
9. User XY clicks again on 'Disable Account' in his profile .....message appears: 'Account Pending Disable'

The corresponding version of CB privacy is 6.0.0

regards

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312573 by krileon
Have retested account disable and delete with both working fine. Check the Itemid in the URL sent in the email and match it to its Joomla menu item then ensure they can even access that menu item (it should be set to Public). Will improve the error output in next release so it's easier to see where things are failing. For now I don't see an issue in the code it self though. If issue persists after checking menu item access try making sure the tab the field is on is completely Public accessible as well (this shouldn't matter, but this access is checked).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: erichburkhard

4 years 10 months ago #312727 by erichburkhard
OK - have set the tabs to public - works now :-) - MANY THANKS
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

4 years 10 months ago #312730 by krileon
Ok, that does confirm a minor issue then. Have added a bug ticket to fix in a later release. It should ignore access permissions for the field (but still needs to be sure the field is enabled) when a valid token is used.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7584

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn