Video upload with iPhone

4 years 9 months ago #312926 by ericmuc
Video upload with iPhone was created by ericmuc
Hello, I would like to upload a video with iPhone into the CB_Gallery, but files with .mov cannot be stored. What can I do?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #312930 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Video upload with iPhone
MOV is a generic container. There's no way for CB Gallery to verify it's even a video or if it's encoded in a format that can playback in HTML5 video tag. Even then it typically requires Quicktime to even playback which anything other than Apple products typically does not have installed.

CB Gallery does not have a transcoder in it because 99% of our users servers will not allow for it as it's resource intensive so it can't transcode automatically for you. You'll need to convert the video (ideally to MP4 or M4V) on your device before uploading. Have added a feature ticket for CB Gallery to use ffmpeg to transcode if it's installed to help with this, but installing ffmpeg once this feature is implemented will need to be discussed with your host.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7606

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 months ago #316837 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Video upload with iPhone
Am jumping on this, any possibility to use cloudconvert.com/ with its API to deal with mov files and add the support for them without ffmpeg ?

4 years 1 month ago #316841 by krileon
Nope, there are no plans to implement cloud processing like that. That's a significant amount of work that hardly anyone will use. The plan is to implement support for ffmpeg if your server has it available so your server can process the video. This will not work on budget hosting, but won't be difficult or time consuming to implement and is more open for users to use since it typically just requires upgrading your hosting package.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 month ago #316850 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Video upload with iPhone
Ok ffmpeg is easy enough to implement.
Could you move the feature to a closer version of CB Gallery ? ;-)

4 years 1 month ago #316851 by krileon
It's a major feature and it's already scheduled for the next major release. That's not something to be implemented in a minor release.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.316 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn