[#8076] Updating payment info or removing recurring payments

4 years 7 months ago #314046 by activha
Hello

We have some customers that need to update their payment informations on Stripe, either by credit card or more often in Europe by SEPA .

I know that this functionality does not exist yet in CB and that's impossible for us to do on Stripe without messing everything.

Can you tell me the best procedure to do for customers that have recurring subscriptions with recurring payments at Stripe ?

For instance this morning a customer called to warn us that the company changed its bank account and gave us the new one for next year. What is the right process in this case ?

best regards
Jean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 7 months ago #314047 by krileon
Edit the customer object attached to the subscription at Stripe and add the new payment method then mark it as their default. That will work perfectly fine with CBSubs. Subscriptions at Stripe will always use the Default payment method. The alternative is they cancel then resubscribe with the new payment method.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 7 months ago #314087 by activha

Edit the customer object attached to the subscription at Stripe and add the new payment method...

That is the problem, it is not possible to add a new SEPA payment method with Stripe dashboard. As 90% of our customers use SEPA payments, we need to be able to change the SEPA account from within CBSubs as Stripe would not allow it.

Hope you understand

4 years 7 months ago #314095 by krileon
Then your only option is for them to cancel and resubscribe or wait to expire then renew.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 7 months ago #314123 by activha
Cancel and resubscribe : does this mean that the today subscription will be lost or will the canceling be effective at the end of the subscribed period ?

Wait to expire then renew : that's not an option because Stripe is invoicing fees for dispute if the SEPA number is not correct.

So what's the correct scenario to expire a recurring subscription paid by Stripe SEPA correctly ? meaning ending the recurring feature ?

4 years 7 months ago #314130 by krileon

Cancel and resubscribe : does this mean that the today subscription will be lost or will the canceling be effective at the end of the subscribed period ?

A manual cancellation will cancel immediately.

So what's the correct scenario to expire a recurring subscription paid by Stripe SEPA correctly ? meaning ending the recurring feature ?

I suppose you could edit the subscription at Stripe and cancel it there, which when doing so can be configured to cancel at end of subscription date.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn