[SOLVED] avatar size?

4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #314644 by ericmuc
[SOLVED] avatar size? was created by ericmuc
Hi,
If a user laod up an avatar image, which has no same wide and height, the thumbnail will be with unequal length of width and height of course.
I have to choices:
1) the thumbnail is set to unequal and the proportion of the image is right (that is not nice)
2) the thumbnail is set to same wide and height and the image has not the same proportion, for example the person seems thick
I would like to have thumbnails with the same wide and height. So the user must upload pictures with the same lenght of wide and height.
But if he uplaoded a typical foto, which is heigher than wide, the thumbnail is unequal.
How to solve this?
I think, only with a better upload function, in which the user can choose a part of the unequal foto with a quadratic frame.
So that would be my wish as an improvement.
Or do you another idea?
Thanks, best wishes.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 6 months ago #314650 by beat
Replied by beat on topic avatar size?
Your wish is already a reality.

There are two settings corresponding to the two levels of your wish:

First one is in Community Builder -> Configuration -> Image -> Maintain Aspect Ratio -> Yes with cropping

But the one that will really interest you is in Field management -> Avatar field -> Parameters -> Image Limits ->.

Maintain Aspect Ratio: Yes, with User Cropping
Allow Client Resize: Enable

See this reply for more details:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/240927-solved-picture-in-profile-is-too-large#312111

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

4 years 6 months ago #314658 by ericmuc
Replied by ericmuc on topic avatar size?
Woah, I that is new to me, great! Wonderful. It works in the profile edit.

One question: is it possible to get it worked in the ajax front edit? Here the crop windows is only very small and fix, that doesn't work. Can I make it work with some css improvement?

Thanks, best regards

4 years 6 months ago #314666 by beat
Replied by beat on topic avatar size?

ericmuc wrote: Woah, I that is new to me, great! Wonderful. It works in the profile edit.

One question: is it possible to get it worked in the ajax front edit? Here the crop windows is only very small and fix, that doesn't work. Can I make it work with some css improvement?

Thanks, best regards

Looks like an issue, tracking here for investigation: forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7739

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn