[SOLVED] hide html-field regarding to privacy setting of other fields?

4 years 4 months ago #315841 by ericmuc
enclosed you see my version, there is no update available
Best regards
Eric
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 4 months ago #315846 by krileon
Try reinstalling as there is something wrong with your install as it's missing parameters. The below is the field privacy controls parameters. Support for overriding the asset was implemented a couple of releases ago.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

4 years 4 months ago #315872 by ericmuc
Hi,
Thanks, please see my pdf attachment.
Best regards
Eric
Attachments:

4 years 4 months ago #315877 by krileon

But unfortunately I don’t understand, what I have to put in into the Asset field.

See my reply below regarding that.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/241911-hide-html-field-regarding-to-privacy-setting-of-other-fields?limitstart=0#315813

But if one of the four fields under the headline is set to public, the headline must be shown also to public.

Then that will be a problem. I think your only option then is to use CB Conditional and try to condition against your other fields, which will be empty if privacy is blocking its display. You'll need something like the following added to your HTML field.

Display: Field conditional hide

Condition 1
Field: FIELD_100
Operator: EMPTY
Locations
Profile Edit: Enabled
Profile View: Disabled
Userlists Search: Disabled
Userlists View: Disabled

Condition 2
Field: FIELD_101
Locations

Condition 3
Field: FIELD_102
Locations

Condition 4
Field: FIELD_103
Locations

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 4 months ago #315882 by ericmuc

krileon wrote:

But unfortunately I don’t understand, what I have to put in into the Asset field.

See my reply below regarding that.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/241911-hide-html-field-regarding-to-privacy-setting-of-other-fields?limitstart=0#315813

Hi Krileon, sorry, but I really don't understand this instruction. What I have to add into the Asset-field? Do you have documentation for that? Thanks, best regards, Eric

But if one of the four fields under the headline is set to public, the headline must be shown also to public.

Then that will be a problem. I think your only option then is to use CB Conditional and try to condition against your other fields, which will be empty if privacy is blocking its display. You'll need something like the following added to your HTML field.

Display: Field conditional hide

Condition 1
Field: FIELD_100
Locations

Condition 2
Field: FIELD_101
Locations

Condition 3
Field: FIELD_102
Locations

Condition 4
Field: FIELD_103
Locations

Hi Krileon: this I have already implemented, but it don't differate between privacy setting "public" and "users".

If the headline is set to public and the user set the privacy setting of the fields below to "users", in public view the headline is shown but noting below, and if the headline is set to "users", the headline is not shown if the users sets the privacy of the fields below to "public". So "empty" is to simple for that.

May be my scenario is not working with the current version. If this is true this user case could be influence further development.

Thanks again, best regards
Eric

4 years 4 months ago #315884 by krileon
You have what currently implemented? The conditions? The conditions should cause the header to hide if all the fields are empty. You don't need to apply privacy to the HTML field if using the conditions usecase. The privacy usecase is only doable if it depends on 1 field. You may need to use the below static conditions.

Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /]

The new quickstart package is using a similar usecase using OR conditions. Check out the conditions of cb_details_header on our demo site for reference.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn