GroupJive Events custom fields

4 years 2 months ago #316299 by activha
GroupJive Events custom fields was created by activha
Hello

Would it be possible to add custom fields to GJ Events ?

I mean either joomla custom fields or CB ones in order to enhance a little the plugin to our needs.

Maybe with auto actions ?

thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 months ago #316305 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive Events custom fields
It has no official support for adding new fields. You can try forcing anything you like, but it's going to be work. There's triggers for event edit and event display, but none really designed for adding new inputs to event edit. There would also be no storage for those custom fields so you'd have to deal with that issue as well.

Best way to add new inputs is probably through the template files then handle storage on gj_onAfterCreateEvent and gj_onAfterUpdateEvent to store them into the params column. As for displaying the custom fields you'd act on gj_onDisplayEvent.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

4 years 2 months ago #316345 by activha
Replied by activha on topic GroupJive Events custom fields
Thanks

I have the same question to add menu links or new tab displays to a GJ group.

What would be the best auto action and how to structure it to add a new tab for instance ?

4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #316347 by krileon
Both the GJ Activity and GJ Gallery system actions add new tabs to groups. Recommend reviewing their output parameters to see how to add a new tab to groups.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #316429 by activha
Replied by activha on topic GroupJive Events custom fields
on the same subject, can you tell me what's wrong in this substitution ?
return array( 'id' => 'mutliplier', 'title' => '[cb_marketing_multiplier]', 'content' => $content );

We tried an auto action to output a dynamic title but this simply output [cb_marketing_multiplier]

Any suggestion ?

Also how can I get something like :
echo [cb:userdata field="cb_marketing_multiplier" user="[var2_user_id]" /];
if I need to replace the user which is not the viewing user in an auto action

4 years 2 months ago #316432 by krileon

on the same subject, can you tell me what's wrong in this substitution ?

Did you enable substitutions for the output? The parameter should be visible under the Layout parameter. By default output doesn't send through substitutions.

Also how can I get something like :

You can't. Nested substitutions are not permitted. You can nest substitutions inside of format functions, but not substitutions inside of substitutions. We're actually working on implementing support for this in a future release though. Feature ticket can be found below.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7828

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.524 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn