GroupJive Events custom fields

4 years 2 months ago #316620 by activha
Replied by activha on topic GroupJive Events custom fields
And how would you design the code field to output a same drop down as the single select query field ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 months ago #316621 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive Events custom fields
You'd have to query for the same information using PHP then loop the resulting array. Now you'll be able to process the params columns and convert the stored integer value to text. Why does this need to be a profile field? Not sure I understand the purpose of the field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 months ago #316622 by activha
Well I use events as marketing events. Then users subscribe to several events at the same time.
When they make new hotspots with my application they link an event to this hotspot which is then displayed on the hotspot page.
So I need a field for them to quickly select the subscribed event of their choice for the hotspot they made at a given time.
Hope you understand :-)
If you want you can download the app and try, it's called Cercle Business on iOS or android stores

If you have a better idea than a profile field for the same result I 'd be glad to have it

4 years 2 months ago #316624 by krileon
No idea how to help you in regards to integrating with your app, but a code select would be the only option since there's no functionality to customize the option label and group display beyond specifying what column they're from. Best I could do is maybe add support for customizing those with a substitution supported output so you could use IF substitutions to condition the group from their integer values to string values.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7843

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 months ago #316625 by activha
I think that it's a really good idea because code field is not really easy to use for outputting the dropdown

4 years 2 months ago #316626 by krileon
You can now customize the label and group display with substitution supported string in latest CB Query Field build available now. You should see the new parameters under the label column and group column parameters.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn