Chaining autoactions ?

4 years 2 months ago #316453 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Chaining autoactions ?

set System to 1 (for yes/enable).

We had already set a system owner so that seems a very good idea.

However I still need to use the user as there will be likes and comments on the activity.

What would be nice would be to set the owner to system but keep the display as the user. Can I achieve this ? if I set the system to 1, the display is system (substituted) but not user

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 months ago #316456 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Chaining autoactions ?
You want it to display the user who created it, but you don't want them to own it? There's no functionality for that. Toggling something to system will hard block edit and delete permissions unless the editing or deleting user is a CB Moderator. It will however completely override who the owner is on display. Owner in storage however is unchanged unless a system user is supplied; in the case of CB Auto Actions creating activity the owner is never changed when toggling system status.

It is possible to hide edit permission using the Overrides parameters, which you should see under the Links parameters. There is no option to override delete though. So you could at least block editing there or block entire menu access there. Will review adding a feature ticket to also override delete functionality. Then you could just override edit and delete there to have what you're wanting so it can't be removed by the user.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7832

I'm not sure why you want to persist an activity entry like this though. Seams like the activity entry should be tied to the user who created the event and just be created when the event is created.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #316460 by activha

So you could at least block editing there or block entire menu access there

Thanks did not notice this, that will do for now but I did not found the setting in the activity module ? How can I avoid a user to delete the activity elsewhere in a module ?

I'm not sure why you want to persist an activity entry like this though. Seams like the activity entry should be tied to the user who created the event and just be created when the event is created.

We use events in a particular way. Events are marketing events that lasts for days or months and people can subscribe to share event content which is usually a marketing display or video.

This content is displayed on an hotspot page, and this is why we need to associate the event number with the hotspot number. So that the event is displayed properly on the hotspot page while the user can subscribes to several different events.

Ideally we also would like to display an activity module on each hotspot page to retrieve all activities and comments related to this hotspot id.

I was also thinking at using tags ? Could it be better suited to this ? I could add a tag to each new hotspot with the event id and it would not be deleted ??

4 years 2 months ago #316473 by krileon

Thanks did not notice this, that will do for now but I did not found the setting in the activity module ? How can I avoid a user to delete the activity elsewhere in a module ?

The override functionality has nothing to do with the stream. It's configured in the activity entry it self so in the auto action creating your activity entry is where you need to configure the override parameters.

We use events in a particular way. Events are marketing events that lasts for days or months and people can subscribe to share event content which is usually a marketing display or video.

This content is displayed on an hotspot page, and this is why we need to associate the event number with the hotspot number. So that the event is displayed properly on the hotspot page while the user can subscribes to several different events.

Ideally we also would like to display an activity module on each hotspot page to retrieve all activities and comments related to this hotspot id.

I was also thinking at using tags ? Could it be better suited to this ? I could add a tag to each new hotspot with the event id and it would not be deleted ??

So you need to store the asset externally to pass it to the module? If the hotspot id exists in the current pages URL you could just use a code field provided by CB Code Field and some PHP to grab it from GET. Then substitute that code field into your activity modules asset parameter. You then wouldn't need to store anything and it'd work dynamically as long as you're on an hotspot page.

I think you need to consider a different approach as what you're proposing to do just doesn't make much sense to CB Activity. If you insist on storing assets you'll need a new database table to store all the hotspot assets generated for the user then a query field provided by CB Query Field to query for all those assets then comma separate them and then substitute that into the asset parameter.

No, tags would not be of any use here either.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 months ago #316475 by activha

The override functionality has nothing to do with the stream. It's configured in the activity entry it self so in the auto action creating your activity entry is where you need to configure the override parameters.

Well it's working ok for hiding menus in the menus stream, but still displays in the modules

Thanks for your ideas.

4 years 2 months ago #316477 by krileon

Well it's working ok for hiding menus in the menus stream, but still displays in the modules

It won't have any impact on existing entries. It will only change the behavior of newly created ones. For existing ones you'll have to edit them in CB Activity > Activity and configure their override parameters. Streams have no control over edit and menu override behavior; that's entirely controlled by the activity entry itself unless an integration is overriding the behavior via activity_onDisplayStreamActivity trigger.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn