CBsubs registration process

4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #317622 by activha
CBsubs registration process was created by activha
Hello

We use CBsubs registration process with flat registration and three main plans. This works great, however we have more and more old people struggling with the fact that, until they have clicked on a plan several fields are still visible though not related to it.

How could we keep the flat registration for simple process but have all the fields hidden until a plan is really selected ?

I had thought at also using the CB conditional plugin to hide fields but don't know if it's best practice to use the plan feature allowing to hide fields or to use the CB conditional plugin ? last year we had conflicts between the two.

Maybe best thing would be to have a Tab conditional show setting depending on a plan being selected ? I don't see how to achieve this as only fields can be selected and CBsubs fields tabs protect only act on the tab for registered users

I was thinking at "value" ? but what can I put in the value to check if a plan is selected ?

If there is no alternative, I'll go to step by step registration but, in this case, can you tell me where I could substitute the template step by step to adapt it ? for instance change buttons next and previous css, positions, change nav pills to make them centered ? etc or go you add a "nav-fill" css rule ?

I tried with language substitution but no luck so far for instance with :
'_UE_CLIENT_TYPE' => '[cb:if url location="registers"]<i class="fal fa-inline fa-lg fa-fw fa-divide mr-1 ml-2"></i>Catégorie[cb:else]<i class="fal fa-inline fa-lg fa-fw fa-divide mr-1 ml-2"></i><span class="d-none d-xl-inline">Catégorie</span><span class="d-block d-xl-none font-weight-light mr-1 ml-2 x-small">Type</span>[/cb:else][/cb:if]',

Thanks a lot

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 3 weeks ago #317626 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBsubs registration process

How could we keep the flat registration for simple process but have all the fields hidden until a plan is really selected ?

There's no functionality for that. Best I can suggest is use a Step by Step registration layout so it guides them through the process.

I had thought at also using the CB conditional plugin to hide fields but don't know if it's best practice to use the plan feature allowing to hide fields or to use the CB conditional plugin ? last year we had conflicts between the two.

This is still the case. You have to use one or the other and not both.

Maybe best thing would be to have a Tab conditional show setting depending on a plan being selected ? I don't see how to achieve this as only fields can be selected and CBsubs fields tabs protect only act on the tab for registered users

The tab condition will conflict with CBSubs conditions. You can't use both.

If there is no alternative, I'll go to step by step registration but, in this case, can you tell me where I could substitute the template step by step to adapt it ? for instance change buttons next and previous css, positions, change nav pills to make them centered ? etc or go you add a "nav-fill" css rule ?

The step by step elements all have CSS classes that you can use to restyle them however you want. Position change will be limited to what you can do with CSS. Right click and inspect element on the buttons for their CSS classes.

I tried with language substitution but no luck so far for instance with :

Not sure what you're trying to do here exactly, but that is not how the URL substitution works. Please be sure to read the substitution tutorial below carefully.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

If you need a field title or description to be different based off location you can use "reason" to condition for that. Example as follows.

Field Title: [cb:if reason="register"]REGISTRATION[cb:else]EVERYWHERE ELSE[/cb:else][/cb:if]

The "reason" usage is explained as part of the fields description parameter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 weeks ago #317627 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CBsubs registration process
Thanks.

Regarding "reason" , is it related to the name of the page ? to the raw url only ?

I tried :

'_UE_CLIENT_TYPE' => '[cb:if reason="register"]<i class="fad fa-inline fa-lg fa-fw fa-users-cog mr-1 ml-2"></i>Catégorie[cb:else]<i class="fal fa-inline fa-lg fa-fw fa-users-cog mr-1 ml-2"></i><span class="d-none d-xl-inline">Catégorie</span><span class="d-block d-xl-none font-weight-light mr-1 ml-2 x-small">Type</span>[/cb:else][/cb:if]',

And it only displays the second else on the registration page also. The page is SEF /inscription

4 years 3 weeks ago #317637 by krileon

Regarding "reason" , is it related to the name of the page ? to the raw url only ?

Neither, it's in regards to what the API is outputting. The "register" reason is for registration output of a field.

And it only displays the second else on the registration page also. The page is SEF /inscription

I have no idea what _UE_CLIENT_TYPE is being used for. Is that a field title or field description? Those are the locations the special "reason" value works.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #317639 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CBsubs registration process
It's the tab title.

The condition cannot be applied to a tab title ? only fields ?

In this case we would like to change the tabs title if it's on step by step registration page

4 years 3 weeks ago #317640 by krileon
It doesn't work in tab titles, but it's possible for it to so have added a feature ticket to add support for it there.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7922

I don't have a solution for tab titles at this time. There would be no way to condition the tab titles specifically for registration display.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn