[#7931] Invisible recaptcha conflicts with step by step registration

4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 1 week ago #317707 by activha
Hello

I have noticed a js error when using Recaptcha v3 invisible with step by step registration. On step 2 all fields are marked red as if the next button was a send one.

Recaptcha v3 and v2 works fine. We just moved from internal to recaptcha and then use v3 for now

Mind to have a look

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 1 week ago #317720 by krileon
Looks like it's triggering validation rules on the step it's displayed on when navigating to that step. The validation should only trigger when trying to leave the step. Have added a bug ticket to take a look, but it doesn't appear to be breaking the reCaptcha Invisible itself. Ideally the captcha should be at the bottom of the last step as well so I do recommend moving it to a different tab when possible.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7931

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 week ago #317721 by activha
It is already at the bottom of the last step but it activates at step two of three.

I must say that we just left completely Google recaptcha. We got lost of cookies errors on the page profil/saveregisters when it tried to save the registration.

Reminds me of a problem that we got years ago which already occurred with CB registration and google recaptcha but I cannot retrieve the old post and find what it was.

Can you search deeper from your side ? For now have restored the internal CB spam code which worked fine even if recaptcha invisible would have been preferred

4 years 1 week ago #317726 by krileon
So all Google reCaptcha modes are failing all the time or randomly? The reCaptcha codes only last for a limited amount of time then they expire and you'll have to refresh the page to get a new code. reCaptcha does not do well on long forms due to that. Do you have a long registration form that could take some time to complete?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #317728 by activha
Seems to be rather randomly and on users with slower connections on windows OS. We tried lots of times for tests with Recaptcha invisible on mac and did not get any problem registering.

The form is rather standard see activ-ha.com/inscription ( I removed the step by step also due to google pbs)

I remember that we had this issue a couple of years ago and had to switch to internal but cannot remember what was the cause. Maybe that was some auto actions but not sure.

PS: the output of the users getting the problem was a page with url /profil/saveregisters with a js alert saying that the session had expired or the cookies were not activated on the browsers. Same thing with firefox, edge or chrome. Switching to internal spam mode solved it

PS2 : with a re try I get
Content Security Policy: Ignoring “http:” within script-src: ‘strict-dynamic’ specified
XHRPOSThttps://www.google.com/recaptcha/api2/reload?k=xxxxxxxx
[HTTP/2 200 OK 136ms]

Content Security Policy: Ignoring “'unsafe-inline'” within script-src: ‘strict-dynamic’ specified
Content Security Policy: Ignoring “https:” within script-src: ‘strict-dynamic’ specified

4 years 1 week ago #317730 by activha
If you want to have a look I leave the page with Invisible Recaptcha activated for a while.

Must say that I a bit stuck here, don't know where to dig :-(

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn